Swapping atmosphere only

vatejf

Reaction score
I searched and could not find what i was looking for. But, anyways does anyone have any info of splitting the turbos in truck to only change the atmosphere turbo without pulling up pipes or the hi-pressure turbo or is this just some crazy dream?

mike@haller's

Reaction score
You can do it. But you have to flex the turbos up pretty high, in order to get the oil drain for the low pressure out. I didnt really like how much you have to stretch everything to make it happen. I recommend either pulling the uppipe bolts at the back of the charger or at the manifolds.

White_monster

Reaction score
Mike, split the turbo from the exhaust housing and you don't have to lift it so high. This is also why I'm not sure if the warranty is void since the turbo would be partially disassembled. The exhaust housings are the same on the 71mm as stock too.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Ive done it that way also but you have to be careful not to hurt the seal between chargers. The last truck i did had that seal already blown so it had to come all the way apart anyways.

Wayne

Reaction score
It's so easy (relatively) to un-bolt the up pipes, that I wouldn't risk putting that much stress on the up pipe bellows. It's not too bad to just completely remove both turbos, and do the rest of it out of the truck. Much less risk or screwing something up.

Latest posts

Members online