Swapping out dead AirDog 165

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Ok guys so the airdog 2 on my 01 went out:fustrate::fustrate::fustrate:. I'm looking into options on replacing it and I'm leaning towards the fass 200gph pump. my question is will the entire airdog system have to be ripped out?(lines, harness, ect.) or can I pretty much use the existing system and just swap the filter base and pump? Truck has 340/200s(which I hope aren't hurt), regulated return, and some other junk lol

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I run the big fuel lab pump on mine. Holds pressure with 350/200s. It's called fuel lab 41401 I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
fass and airdog are a no go in the 7.3 world.. get a good fuel system from one of our vendors or put one together with a couple bosch stockers or walbros or use the big aeromotive pump. holy makes a good one too.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
are there any options available that will work with the existing airdog 2 kit(the lines and harness and all) or am I going to have to rip all that out and start over?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
are there any options available that will work with the existing airdog 2 kit(the lines and harness and all) or am I going to have to rip all that out and start over?
what type of fitting does the airdog use? you can always cut and splice wires for the new pumps.

live life full throttle

mandkole

Reaction score
Youre likely starting over, but 7.3 systems have been pretty well scienced out now with mount kits, etc. I run the same fuelab as noted above (most demands can be handled on its reduced speed setting) but the dual SD pumps are a good option for redundancy and factory reliability.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I currently have a Fass pump and I'm worried about it quitting me so I to would like to know what I can do to improve reliability

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Jake, you got the part numbers for the Pre and post filters.

I used a 5/8" pickup tube, to filter base, then to dual outlets on both bases for each pump.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
I installed 2 of strictly diesel's dual stock pump setups for a customer on 2 of his trucks. They are a nice kit, install was simple. Wiring is simple, make connections at the pumps, one connection from the stock power wire to the relay and a battery connection. Factory Bosch pumps will be reliable like stock. You can save some money off the price if you want to use one of your stock pumps, if you already have a larger pickup etc. They are quiet like stock too, unlike most of the other pumps. It's the way to go if you want stock like reliability.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Youre likely starting over, but 7.3 systems have been pretty well scienced out now with mount kits, etc. I run the same fuelab as noted above (most demands can be handled on its reduced speed setting) but the dual SD pumps are a good option for redundancy and factory reliability.
I need to get a spare in my toolbox. Or maybe get a fuellab and use the walbro for a spare?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Jake, you got the part numbers for the Pre and post filters.

I used a 5/8" pickup tube, to filter base, then to dual outlets on both bases for each pump.
yeah,
wix/napa
bases are 24770/4770
pre filter 33406/3406
post filter 33674/3674
I need to get a spare in my toolbox. Or maybe get a fuellab and use the walbro for a spare?

or just do dual stockers

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ehhh....ill stick with my single pump mount. I have a shutoff so i can change the pump quick.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
what about Marty's fuel system?
whats his shop name? i dont see martys diesel on the vendor list.
that was going to be my suggestion on the 7.3 as well iirc he uses a aeromotive pump which we are big fans of
i think he uses stockers too but not sure

live life full throttle

sootie

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online