Sway Bars

tbsimmons

Reaction score
It bolts to the lower shock
Mounts.
Yes it will work with air bags. It bolts just like stock.
Yes dropping the DEF tank helps.
Driving is back to feeling close to the 450. It makes the entire truck feel tighter. Having the rear on the softest might not be enough with the pin weight of the trailer but I will know that in a week.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
you have any pics installed? I'd like to get these for towing my toyhauler, but am concerned it won't fit with the airbags and the (still pending) traction bars.

There's miles of space with my PMF traction bars. I can't foresee any interference with airbags either. The SRW Hellwig bar is mounted completely forward of the axle.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I really need to add these to my list of stuff my truck needs. These may actually be needed since my truck didn't come with one on the rear from factor. Tossing a 2200 lb + seed box in the bed makes it kinda scary to drive. At least I don't ever have to go far like that. Will they work good on a truck with a slight lift?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
There's miles of space with my PMF traction bars. I can't foresee any interference with airbags either. The SRW Hellwig bar is mounted completely forward of the axle.

I don't see why not since they bolt like stock and are inward of the leaf springs.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I really need to add these to my list of stuff my truck needs. These may actually be needed since my truck didn't come with one on the rear from factor. Tossing a 2200 lb + seed box in the bed makes it kinda scary to drive. At least I don't ever have to go far like that. Will they work good on a truck with a slight lift?

The rear end links are adjustable so you can extend them.
Your truck is like my dually was. It made me nervous in the mountains with the trailer.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
There are several options and I only saw one that said it could be used doe up to 4" of lift? I'm running 4.5 pintop but why would that matter?

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
There are several options and I only saw one that said it could be used doe up to 4" of lift? I'm running 4.5 pintop but why would that matter?

Length of end links to attach frame to sway bar. Most lift companies include longer links so bar is still flat.

n2o

Reaction score
Does the front bar benefit these trucks as much as the rear? I did the rear hellwig on my 16 ford and it made a huge difference. I also used a hellwig on my dodge and left the factory sb on the front. Carli advjsed that there's no need for either with their suspension systems due to their springs. For my driving, they are incorrect. Lol

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I always do both. Too much bar in the rear is a bad thing...it can induce some bad characteristics.

Last edited:

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Carli advjsed that there's no need for either with their suspension systems due to their springs. For my driving, they are incorrect. Lol

The only way I could see this occurring in the slight is stiff springs and smaller bars but with the weight of the front of these trucks the springs would have be so stiff the front would ride like a covered wagon to do the same as a sway bar.
But to answer your question on my truck the front was more of a problem than the back with leaning in corners and a big problem with the fiver behind me. The back was really only a slight problem. But only putting on a rear bar I would be a little careful, the truck could oversteer.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Thanks bud, what about for the rear bars?
Same would apply but the rear comes with an adjustable end link but I doubt they would go to 4" longer. End links would be easy to make for the rear, you could even use the ones that come with the kit and extend them.

Jomax

Reaction score
Any point in upgrading these for desert bombing? I know most slow off roading involves disconnecting sway bars for the articulation, but for high speed rough roads...?

When I had my coil over bypass. I removed both front and rear sway bar permanently. But I had the shocks to do it. Now I'm running both with stock shocks lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
When I had my coil over bypass. I removed both front and rear sway bar permanently. But I had the shocks to do it. Now I'm running both with stock shocks lol.

So if I eventually plan on coil overs, I should stick with the stockers, awesome!

Jomax

Reaction score
So if I eventually plan on coil overs, I should stick with the stockers, awesome!

I was running NO sway bars with the coil overs.

CARLI is coming out with a front sway bar soon.

Notneb

Reaction score
I know I meant it more as: don't spend money on bars if I plan on coil overs

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Desert and street are two different things. You want independent in the desert. On the street you don't too much lean. Watch Dust to Glory or any Baja movie and watch the trophy trucks turn on the road.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Alright pulled the trailer again.
If you have a newer dually with less than 1" sway bars swap them out. Made a HUGE difference is stability in corners.
Just remember it will stiffen the ride some.

Latest posts

Members online