Switch to No Limit intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Shooter

Reaction score
I currently have an Absolute Performance intake and I have no complaints about it. I am just wondering if anyone has used both and if there is any noticeable difference, between it and the No Limit stage 2, in performance or sound? Thank you.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It's a pipe and a filter. They are both large enough to have the least amount of restriction.

The difference will be in your wallet.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I guarantee there will be a difference, maybe not huge but there will be. Not knocking Steve, but his intake is the same size as the no limit stage 1. It won't be as drastic of a difference as say going from a s&b to a no limit stage 2 but it will be there!

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
I currently have an Absolute Performance intake and I have no complaints about it. I am just wondering if anyone has used both and if there is any noticeable difference, between it and the No Limit stage 2, in performance or sound? Thank you.

Give us a call brother! Like stated, the stage 2 is bigger

gfulton

Reaction score

Not enough to warrant the expense.......

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Not enough to warrant the expense.......

whats the expense @sshole ? you don't even have experience with both. i'd appreciate if every post you made wasnt a jab at my company .

Last edited:

04stroker

Reaction score
whats the expense @sshole ? you don't even have experience with both. i'd appreciate if every post you made wasnt a jab at my company .

Easy man. Did not seem like a jab at all until you posted this. The guy asked if it was worth upgrading to it. His response was "not enough to warrant the expense". Seems like a perfectly acceptable response. He did not say yours did not flow better than the AP or bash your company, just stated in his opinion it would not be worth the money to upgrade which I think most would agree. Yours is a nice piece no doubt but for a pretty much stock truck he is not going to see a huge gain if any really.

So is it worth upgrading? Just depends on how deep your pockets are and if the few hundred dollars matters that much to you. If not, than sure it is worth the upgrade. But if you have to save to buy it I would not bother with it honestly if you do not have any current complaints.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Easy man. Did not seem like a jab at all until you posted this. The guy asked if it was worth upgrading to it. His response was "not enough to warrant the expense". Seems like a perfectly acceptable response. He did not say yours did not flow better than the AP or bash your company, just stated in his opinion it would not be worth the money to upgrade which I think most would agree. Yours is a nice piece no doubt but for a pretty much stock truck he is not going to see a huge gain if any really.

So is it worth upgrading? Just depends on how deep your pockets are and if the few hundred dollars matters that much to you. If not, than sure it is worth the upgrade. But if you have to save to buy it I would not bother with it honestly if you do not have any current complaints.

lol .. has nothing to do with that. he's been taking jabs pretty often recently and ive been letting it go . but thanks for the advice ....

RNally

Reaction score
Like when he couldn't handle installing a simple intake correctly so he jumped right into calling the product a piece of sh!t...

OP I'd recommend switching over, can't tell you how many of these intakes I've installed over the past year and how happy customers have been. Dealing with the guys at No Limit and the customer service is the best part, always gotten me parts I've needed even in last minute emergencies.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Like when he couldn't handle installing a simple intake correctly so he jumped right into calling the product a piece of sh!t...

OP I'd recommend switching over, can't tell you how many of these intakes I've installed over the past year and how happy customers have been. Dealing with the guys at No Limit and the customer service is the best part, always gotten me parts I've needed even in last minute emergencies.

I don't think anybody called Mike's product a pos. Some people's standards are far lower than others. Some people on forums call thing golden and there version of golden is fake gold flake. Mike needs to refine how he sells the kit. Plane and simple. It needs to be sold with a coolant re-route kit. I could have simple shoved it in there and came on here swing off his mid section raving about it but instead I voiced the opinion. It rubbed on Everthing I'd you did not re-route the radiator hose. Now that that's down its all well.

I like Mike's kit. It needs refinement.... just calling it as I see it. It's too bad nobody can be honest about products anymore.

Your recommending he upgrade a 4.5" pipe to a 5" pipe..... I would be willing to bet money the 4.5" pipe for a 13" run flows just as well as the 5" pipe.

The funny thing is 98% of "happy customers" are just happy customers because they feel like they got something... other than that they have no earthly idea!! And that's all good. But truthfully you guys are recommending the guys buy a new filter to replace a filter on a truck that already has major limitations.

Last edited:

RNally

Reaction score
I don't think anybody called Mike's product a pos. Some people's standards are far lower than others. Some people on forums call thing golden and there version of golden is fake gold flake. Mike needs to refine how he sells the kit. Plane and simple. It needs to be sold with a coolant re-route kit. I could have simple shoved it in there and came on here swing off his mid section raving about it but instead I voiced the opinion. It rubbed on Everthing I'd you did not re-route the radiator hose. Now that that's down its all well.

I like Mike's kit. It needs refinement.... just calling it as I see it. It's too bad nobody can be honest about products anymore.

Your recommending he upgrade a 4.5" pipe to a 5" pipe..... I would be willing to bet money the 4.5" pipe for a 13" run flows just as well as the 5" pipe.

The funny thing is 98% of "happy customers" are just happy customers because they feel like they got something... other than that they have no earthly idea!! And that's all good. But truthfully you guys are recommending the guys buy a new filter to replace a filter on a truck that already has major limitations.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1380023#post1380023

Go ahead and check out post #37... I'm not gonna post something that I made up...

sootie

Reaction score
Gary is an elite nutswinger...it's no surprise.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Anyways. Besides Gary and Mike's beef.

You guys are guaranteeing a DIFFERENCE IN performance over a 4.5" pipe vs a 5" pipe....

Please leave the vendors out of this. I understand nutswingers and all but come on.... it's not that one is so much more superior to the other. The reason for the 5" kit was the simplicity for the filter from Afe.... made perfect marketable sense to me!! (Im just guessing hear but I "heard" the fitment with a 4.5" and the afe filter was sketchy)

But for humanity sake don't tell me for a second that the .5" is going to bring big gains or huge smiles.... other than a sale to Mike which I'm not against but let's be real about this. I personally don't know Mike all that well but I would venture to say he would agree. May be wrong but look at the piping kits on the market and tell me what size the piping is coming from the turbo. The last one I looked at was 4.5 necked up to 5" for the filter.....

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I see your point CAT. If the OP is running 1000-2000HP, .5" probably means a significant amount. If the OP is running a tune only, it may not even be noticeable. At the end of the day, if he wants to spend some extra cash, great. If it were I, I'm not sure that I could justify the purchase but I probably couldn't stop myself anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.