Switching parking lights to white LEDs?

Myerswelder

Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching my parking lights over to white LEDs. I currently have the smoked recon mirror lights with amber, smoked can light covers with the second generation amber led bulbs. Does anyone have any pictures of white parking lights before I switch it over? This is this truck they're going on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 110

drdiesel

Reaction score
I'd look at the recon dual white and amber bulbs I hav them in both my 08 ford there nice. White to match all my other lights and then when u need to use turn signal there Amber so people can still see that ur turning since some people are blind.

Myerswelder

Reaction score
You don't happen to have any pictures with the parking lights on do you? I'm more curious into what it looks like being all white compared to amber.

GregW

Reaction score
I just went with them on mine as well. The parking lights are switchback bulbs, so when you hit the blinker it flashes amber.

8b6aaddcc161e1c7fb86b231ca9c5987.jpg

70375e0b0538676751b71324bb0e0972.jpg

732709b11506a30c3d01c544acec25bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Looks real good!
Are those clear or smoked lenses?
I have smoked with white leds waiting to go on.
Hope it looks good cause I don't want clear ; don't like the way they look during the day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

GregW

Reaction score
Looks real good!
Are those clear or smoked lenses?
I have smoked with white leds waiting to go on.
Hope it looks good cause I don't want clear ; don't like the way they look during the day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Those are the smoked lenses with the Recon LEDs. I was pleased with the light output. I'll get a daytime pic tomorrow

Edit: my switchbacks came from Amazon. They were around $20 for the pair. They flicker every once in awhile, so I'll probably switch them out for another set and see how they go

powerstrokecrzy

Reaction score
Have all white running lights in my 05. I'll get you some pics at dusk tomorrow if you'd like. Only amber left is the corner maker in the headlight. That'll be gone with new headlights soon. Park lights are switchbacks.

GregW

Reaction score
Thanks! They definitely set it apart

GregW

Reaction score
Couple daytime pics. The LEDs are bright enough that they illuminate the hood a bit

34bb53c108c858f89a59572d2e07ddcc.jpg

93da9f2e09b8b57ba902e0af41eaf4b2.jpg

d36a92e9f4a9fac77c08acf32488fae8.jpg

Myerswelder

Reaction score
Right in front of the Yum center, I'm gonna guess you're a Louisville fan? When you signal your blinker do the mirror lights stay white or light up amber?

GregW

Reaction score
Right in front of the Yum center, I'm gonna guess you're a Louisville fan? When you signal your blinker do the mirror lights stay white or light up amber?

Actually I work in downtown Louisville, and my parking lot is about two blocks away from the Yum center. I try to leave work early on game days LOL

The mirror lights are Recon as well. They have two separate white LEDs. One for the parking, the other for the signal. I guess it would be possible to run the smoked mirror lenses (without built in LEDs) with a white in for parking and amber for the signal. I like the white though. I only went with switchbacks up front because blinkers have to be amber by law

dsberman94

Reaction score
My cab lights are actually called cool white. I've seen that the place I bought these from has came out with a new color called natural white, which has less of a blue tinge to it.
f0bd5ed1aa852ef08a9ef98385797c10.jpg
I don't have switchbacks but that's a pic of my cab lights. Switchbacks are on the list to get. I just need to figure out how to avoid the fast flash.

GregW

Reaction score
I don't have switchbacks but that's a pic of my cab lights. Switchbacks are on the list to get. I just need to figure out how to avoid the fast flash.

Almost all the auto parts stores carry the Sylvania LED load equalizers (fancy name for resistors). Like $10 for a two pack. Just hook one wire to ground and tap the other into the turn signal wire

dsberman94

Reaction score
Almost all the auto parts stores carry the Sylvania LED load equalizers (fancy name for resistors). Like $10 for a two pack. Just hook one wire to ground and tap the other into the turn signal wire

Thanks. Didn't even know that was a thing.

GregW

Reaction score
No problem. Kills me when people do the led bulbs or tail lights and don't spend the extra $10 to fix the fast flash lol. It would drive me nuts

Jomax

Reaction score

That's all I use. I hate fast flash

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.