SXE education request

uncool

Reaction score
100% nozzles push the limits of the turbine flow of these chargers. Stick with the 80% nozzles.

Or go to a bigger turbo.

superpsd

Reaction score
No it does not. Plenty have ran the 369 with 300/200s and bigger. A few have made well over 600 if not 700hp with the 369. Also nozzle size has nothing to do with turbine flow. You can put a 200% or even 400% nozzle on a 160cc A code and your still going to be limited to below 500hp maximum of injectable fuel. Other than that tuning variables will play a big role on how the turbo spools up. My opinion stick to the 1.0 housing at let the engine exhale and tune accordingly.

Last edited:

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I agree with superpsd, I've been running my setup for quite some time now. I really can't ask for more then what mine does. I've posted several videos to show performance on spool up and at the big end to show back pressure. My setup is pretty ideal according to the numbers also.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Have taken her up to 25 psi. Spools about the same as the 38r a little sooner though. 0 towing so far. Have a little oil leak coming out of the TC inspection cover that's slowly getting smaller and smaller. Wondering if it's from when I swapped everything. Don't see any visible leaks right now back there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
You have to actually watch your boost gauge, compared to the 38R they are so quiet that it will fool you. Its probably coming on sooner than you think. Tailpipe should be cleaner too.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Yeah think I have a slight leak in the line. MAP sensor reads about 2psi higher than the actual gauge. Definitely comes on quick if I let her eat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Are you guys getting your tunes revised? I'm coming from a 38r and have only driven it once since I got it all together... I honestly can't tell if I like this better or not..
S366sxe on Irates kit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Same here. Have yet to hook up a trailer though
Are you guys getting your tunes revised? I'm coming from a 38r and have only driven it once since I got it all together... I honestly can't tell if I like this better or not..
S366sxe on Irates kit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Good call
Full Force
238/80s
Geerhead tunes- tuned mild for PMRs
This thing ran awesome with a 38r

What number tune of his do you run?

I am running his tuning, but he fixed me up pretty good.

Mine aren't "detuned" for pmrs per say, and I DD the #5 file, and find no reason to use any lower tune, ever. You cant put enough weight on a trailer on a steep enough hill to get it over 1250. It will at worst case park right there. That being said, I am a 6 speed and I can lug the sh!t out of it, and still not make it hotter than that. The all out file will burn the dually tires when the turbo comes on in 3rd gear, somewhere around 50-60 mph I think it is.

My tuning changes were based on too high of injector pulse width on the big end of the rpm range, causing excessive egts on the all out file, and to use the oil available of the high pressure oil pump I have. Never changed anything for the turbo, never needed to. With an auto it should spool even faster, since you get the rpms up before converter lock.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
What number tune of his do you run?

I am running his tuning, but he fixed me up pretty good.

Mine aren't "detuned" for pmrs per say, and I DD the #5 file, and find no reason to use any lower tune, ever. You cant put enough weight on a trailer on a steep enough hill to get it over 1250. It will at worst case park right there. That being said, I am a 6 speed and I can lug the sh!t out of it, and still not make it hotter than that. The all out file will burn the dually tires when the turbo comes on in 3rd gear, somewhere around 50-60 mph I think it is.

My tuning changes were based on too high of injector pulse width on the big end of the rpm range, causing excessive egts on the all out file, and to use the oil available of the high pressure oil pump I have. Never changed anything for the turbo, never needed to. With an auto it should spool even faster, since you get the rpms up before converter lock.
I ran it in 3 and 4
It seemed a little smokey under the turbo. I Double checked up pipes and didnt see any soot..

I actually bought a used Irate kit and didnt get the UpPipes aligned good so my "accountant" told me to just buy brand new so I did and just got it buttoned up earlier today.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Did you pressurize/leak test the intake side?

While running the 38R I had chased every leak down I possibly could. Found the IAT sensor in the intake y actually leaked above 10 psi, amongst other things. I was thorough.

I never had a need to change fueling after the turbo swap. Aside from the excessive pw on the big end.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Did you pressurize/leak test the intake side?

While running the 38R I had chased every leak down I possibly could. Found the IAT sensor in the intake y actually leaked above 10 psi, amongst other things. I was thorough.

I never had a need to change fueling after the turbo swap. Aside from the excessive pw on the big end.
No I haven't leak checked anything, I figured being pipe thread I was good on those sensors...

mikeeg02

Reaction score
No I haven't leak checked anything, I figured being pipe thread I was good on those sensors...

It wasnt the pipe threads that leaked lol. It was the plastic connector part inside the brass housing. (Between the plastic and brass)

I had to replace the sensor.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
It wasnt the pipe threads that leaked lol. It was the plastic connector part inside the brass housing. (Between the plastic and brass)

I had to replace the sensor.
Lol I guess I can pressure it up and check.
I didnt have any issues with boost before.
This intake Y only has 2 bungs welded on so currently I have no boost gauge until I address that