Synthetic oil question

purpleheart350

Reaction score
I switched to Valvoline PBE (syn) when my truck had 300k and I have not had any leaks at all. Only thing that leaks is the damn steering box. I still change my oil every 3-5k. I am at 320k now and it runs like a champ

psdguy95

Reaction score
I switched to Valvoline PBE (syn) when my truck had 300k and I have not had any leaks at all. Only thing that leaks is the damn steering box. I still change my oil every 3-5k. I am at 320k now and it runs like a champ

Nice. I've got a mysterious leak from somewhere that I can't find. I'll post my results when I switch to syn.

JCart

Reaction score
Switched this summer from Delo 400 15W40 (which has been great oil for me btw) to Mobile 1 full synthetic 5w40. Also am running larger filter Fleet Guard FL9691 Strato pore plus stack plate combo full flow and bypass all in one.

Here is a pix of the stock size and Combo filter.

In addition have also hooked up a full by pass Luber-Finer Zguard LFP9750 system. Looks like this.

The notion is to stretch out the changes somewhat...which I have done just have not made time to test. Capacity is somewhat bigger now too right around 22 litres iirc...

Reaction score
I am a Schaeffer's Dealer and am in between S.E. Michigan and Central Ohio quite a bit. I have 5w40 full syn in and 15w40 syn blend in stock and can deliver or meet up with you if your interested.

freddie

Reaction score
I am a Schaeffer's Dealer and am in between S.E. Michigan and Central Ohio quite a bit. I have 5w40 full syn in and 15w40 syn blend in stock and can deliver or meet up with you if your interested.

Cool, maybe I'll hit you up for my next order. Besides the members on here who are also OCR members, I haven't met any PSN or PSA members.

Latest posts

Members online