T4 install help-soft plug removal

Csims77

Reaction score
Installing my irate t4 kit and I cant get the soft plug to pop loose. I have drilled a small hole, inserted screw for removal but all I do is pull the screw thru the drilled hole creating a small volcano once it pulls thru. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MossBack

Reaction score
i have taken a chisel and hammer and worked around the edges until enough of it was up that I could grab vice grips and pull it out.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
What soft plug are we talking about? I'm considering going T4 and haven't come across the a soft plug reference in my research about the conversion so far.

Csims77

Reaction score
I've run into a few other issues as well. My magnaflow exhaust kit won't bolt up to the new irate downpipe. I'm about 8-9" short of being able to slide the 4" pipe into the exhaust system. Not sure if anyone else has run into that as well. Lack of a CCV bung in the new intake pipe has me scrambling for an option for my existing CCV. Please let me know what everyone has done. I'd rather not vent to atmosphere if possible.

HBDELUX

Reaction score
I just cut a section out of the intake pipe at the same location as the Factory CCV, Then I plumbed in the Factory CCV Intake tube. It required 2 boots, 2 worm clamps for the intake. For the CCV I used 6" piece of hose and 2 plastic fittings. If you want pictures let me know but it's pretty straight forward.

For the exhaust I just drove to a muffler shop and had them align and weld in a section of pipe to clamp onto the Irate down pipe. It was cheap (around $45.00) not worth my time or the hassle.

If you decide to dump the CCV later all you have to do is pull out the plastic factory piece and throw in the section of pipe you cut out.

Last edited:

Csims77

Reaction score
I just cut a section out of the intake pipe at the same location as the Factory CCV, Then I plumbed in the Factory CCV Intake tube. It required 2 boots, 2 worm clamps for the intake. For the CCV I used 6" piece of hose and 2 plastic fittings. If you want pictures let me know but it's pretty straight forward.

For the exhaust I just drove to a muffler shop and had them align and weld in a section of pipe to clamp onto the Irate down pipe. It was cheap (around $45.00) not worth my time or the hassle.

If you decide to dump the CCV later all you have to do is pull out the plastic factory piece and throw in the section of pipe you cut out.

Thanks for the info. I'll go that route as well. Just hate that I couldn't have it all done this weekend!

superpsd

Reaction score
Most kits return to the pump hole. T4 kit I use was one of the only kits that return to the stock drain.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I have the stauffer kit and it returns to the stock location as well. Different strokes for different folks.

emev0l

Reaction score
Most people flip their ccv doghouse around so it points to the back and runs a hose down the frame near the rear axle and vents to atmosphere, some people do catch cans, I've never seen a drop of oil out of mine.

Latest posts

Members online