T4 mounting kit build

Noonman350

Reaction score
Hey anyone here built a t4 kit?? The complete kits are nice, but I'm on a budget. I'm just lookin for a little help on this. Have my engine out on a stand, but if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I built a T4i mount. I used some of the stock up pipes, got some stainless steel 90 degree elbows, stainless bellow joints, the flange, and started welding. Tig welding is the way to go, but the heat warped the flange and has to be machined flat.

Noonman350

Reaction score
I just hate the crush donut gasket leaks... thought about maybe using a set of bellowed uppipes? My main concern is the oil feed/, drain lines. I assume they go back to the original sick ones, but which one is which and what should be used for the lines?

JD3020

Reaction score
Don't re-use the top part of the up-pipes, put bellows in then weld them to the T4 flange.

And i believe the feed is the smaller hole, and the return is the larger hole. A lot of OBS set-ups dump the return into the mechanical pump hole, which you should be able to do on a SD if you pop the freeze plug out.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Just to be clear, what turbo are you using? The super doopers use a round collector at the turbine. You got an 02 and that's what you got.

Noonman350

Reaction score
An s478... lol. Yeah I know they have the round adapter. I wanted to use irates kit, but it's $1500... I have like $800 for a while kit. So I want to build it lol.

bruce

Reaction score
hell last week there was a whole t4 kit that was gated that i guarantee was cheaper than you can build it. good deals are out there

m j

Reaction score
unless you have an 'in' for stainless tube it will be hard to beat irate IMO
I have a TIG. I bought Irate.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Oh probably... I'm gunna run a small ar housing... should be ok lol.

You will hate it. As a single with 450/400s the biggest Id say is a 76. My 75 is ok. But it had a tiny exhaust wheel on it.

With 200% nozzles you'll be lucky if you make boost under 2200+ rpm

Noonman350

Reaction score
Hmm... everyone I've talked to said that it would be a little laggy, but be ok with a small t4 housing... it basically just has to be tolerable for a month or two till I start on my compound build.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.