Tailgate crease

rippnskier

Reaction score
I screwed up the other day and let a huge bag of rubber mulch(2000 lbs) fall out of the back of the bed, I actually did it on purpose, a lot quicker then unloading by hand. The problem is the air plane cables snapped and the tailgate fell all the way down and the bumper put a crease(dent) across it, it is just below the FORD emblem. Any ideas on how to make it go away? I called a dent removal guy, he said he couldn't fix it. I was thinking maybe have a body shop pound it out, so it isn't so dramatic, then cover the back with a white bed loner material. I just don't want to buy a new tailgate or pay a body shop a ton of change to fix it.... Thanks for your input.
:badidea:

Spatel23

Reaction score
LOL

You are gonna spend 4 times the money trying to redneck unfk it then you would just to search CL for a used tailgate.

You could try taking the access panel off and see if you could massage some of it out from the inside.

zporta

Reaction score
2000lb bag. Damn that's a big bag.

Depending on how deep the crease is a good PDR guy could work a lot of it out. Or just find a new/used one like stated above

rippnskier

Reaction score
I was hoping someone knew of a chrome plate that would snap on or 3M tape on. Like the Platinums...

Jgon08

Reaction score
I was hoping someone knew of a chrome plate that would snap on or 3M tape on. Like the Platinums...

The platnium panel has rivets all threw it you want to avoid messing with that trust me.

08Monster

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has asked for a picture yet. I'd like to see one!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

anth

Reaction score
I just saw in the classified that a guy is parting out a 6.7 it was in a wreck but maybe the tailgate is unharmed.

rippnskier

Reaction score
a few pics...

Attachments

• IMG_2523.jpg
    IMG_2523.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2524.jpg
    IMG_2524.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 88

zporta

Reaction score
is your truck oxford white? shouldnt have a hard time finding a new take off from craigslist from converted work trucks

Latest posts

Members online