Taking the cab off for warranty work, what else?

Bullzeye

Reaction score
Well, I have called the dealership about four or five times, no call back about the vacuum leak, so I had the wife just drop in on them Friday, they kept the truck for the day, now the vacuum pump runs about 43 seconds then shuts off. So it's better, ( After the reseal it wouldn't shut off at all! ) not as it was when they got it. I am still looking for a vacuum system diagram. Here is some information that I have been holding until I finished with the dealership. I have had a Mini-Max (Hot Damn tune) on the truck since 38k, with a Flo-Pro exhaust, at 55k went back to the DPF, if they noticed they haven't said anything. I am so ready to get the DPF back off. I am just trying to get so time on it to make sure there are not any other problems from the bed plate reseal. This vacuum pump running at every start up now is driving me crazy. Before it might come on for a few seconds only a couple times a month. If you guys have any ideas, I am all ears... Power Train Warranty runs out in May 2015...

Last edited:

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Well, I have called the dealership about four or five times, no call back about the vacuum leak, so I had the wife just drop in on them Friday, they kept the truck for the day, now the vacuum pump runs about 43 seconds then shuts off. So it's better, ( After the reseal it wouldn't shut off at all! ) not as it was when they got it. I am still looking for a vacuum system diagram. Here is some information that I have been holding until I finished with the dealership. I have had a Mini-Max (Hot Damn tune) on the truck since 38k, with a Flo-Pro exhaust, at 55k went back to the DPF, if they noticed they haven't said anything. I am so ready to get the DPF back off. I am just trying to get so time on it to make sure there are not any other problems from the bed plate reseal. This vacuum pump running at every start up now is driving me crazy. Before it might come on for a few seconds only a couple times a month. If you guys have any ideas, I am all ears... Power Train Warranty runs out in May 2015...
Take it to just about any shop and have them leak test it with a evap smoke machine. If there is a leak it will be found quickly.

Bullzeye

Reaction score
I found the leak, at the vacuum tank, I used a little bit of silicone. It appears that it is back to normal. I will check the the 4X4 switch tomorrow. I have ordered a Flo-Pro 4" downpipe, and will get the DPF stuff off as soon as it arrives... H&S stuff is back on then!!!

Trav-O

Reaction score
You dealing with Jenkins and Wynne? Cause that sounds about normal with them not returning calls. I am at the shop down the street from them.

Latest posts

Members online