tcw3 in your fuel?

ezzyke

Reaction score
Does anyone here add tcw3 2 cycle oil to their fuel? A friend of mine adds a small amount around 3 ounces or so just before he fills up the tank. I was like WTF are you doing? Anyway he says that it make up for the low sulfur in the fuel and make the engine run quieter.

Zmann

Reaction score
tcw is just 2 stroke made for watercraft
I have run it just because I have watercraft but any 2 stroke oil will have the same result IMHO ,,it does quite my 6.0 down but I don't see any other benifit .
You would be surprised at what people dump in diesel fuel including used motor oil

but 6.0 injectors are finicky so I just add diesel kleen anymore

ezzyke

Reaction score
I have a couple gallons of the stuff for my boat but just never thought of putting it in my truck. You woyuld be suprised what get put in gas tanks also. I found a snickers bar in one the other day.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I run TCW-3 in my fuel @ 1oz. per gallon. I also run Diesel Kleen. Quiets the truck down and I'm hoping its keeping my injectors clean.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
tcw is just 2 stroke made for watercraft
I have run it just because I have watercraft but any 2 stroke oil will have the same result IMHO ,,it does quite my 6.0 down but I don't see any other benifit .
You would be surprised at what people dump in diesel fuel including used motor oil

but 6.0 injectors are finicky so I just add diesel kleen anymore

you want to run the TCW-3 in the truck also because its ashless. (much cleaner oil).

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Does anyone here add tcw3 2 cycle oil to their fuel? A friend of mine adds a small amount around 3 ounces or so just before he fills up the tank. I was like WTF are you doing? Anyway he says that it make up for the low sulfur in the fuel and make the engine run quieter.

3 OZ really isnt gonna do much, drop a whole quart in there you'll be fine.

ezzyke

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. Our local Sam's club sells low sulfur at 500ppm and that's all I really run unless I am on a long trip. I will try some at the next tank so it mixes well. I am guessing this does not cause any EGR issues? I know I used tcw3 in my weedeater because I had allot of it and it clogged up the muffler after a couple tanks even at the correct mix level.

Zmann

Reaction score
I only run TCW3 in all my 2 stroke lawn equipment and have for years at 40to1

why??

Because My 4 PWC'S run the same and the same ratio lol
however I use Pennzoils full syn TCW3

ezzyke

Reaction score
No idea mine runs 50:1 had to pull the muffler and clean it. It was clogged up like crazy. Haven't used it since and haven't had to clean it since. Guy at the lawnmower place said they don't recommend using it. Then he tried to sell me some of their oil. lol Might have had something to do with it.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I ran it for a long time in my 6.0 and it seemed to help out on the rattle at idle.
I used the 1 ounce per gallon. I have not ran it in the 6.4, I do run the XDP stuff though.
50:1, damn that is a lot of oil in the fuel.

ezzyke

Reaction score
Yep my dad had an old a$$ chainsaw that runs 32:1. He has 3 different gas cans just for his mixed oil. I used the wrong one one time had his leaf blower smoking like hell.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
1oz per gallon here.....been running 2 cycle for years.

I did a engine sound test a couple years ago, I used a decibel meter...it quieted the engine down quite a few decibels, and the injector knock nearly disappeared.

Zmann

Reaction score
I think synthetic Engine oil does more to keep em happy IMHO

ezzyke

Reaction score
I have noticed the engine is considerably quieter after a couple tanks. I am swapping to t6 synthetic 5w40 this weekend when I change the oil and service the trans. I am kinda worried though. I hope the synthetic dosent pop up some oil leaks.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i add 1oz of the wally world supertech tcw-3 oil to one gallon of diesel at every fill up. And also add some opti-lube XPD fuel additive along with it. I've been doing this for quite along time with no issues to my 190cc injectors or anything else.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I run 1oz per gallon and a few oz's of Howe's every fill up, makes for a happy set of sticks I think, and I haven't had any cold weather issues with temps well below 0*F

bboteler

Reaction score
Tried this for the first time on a 75 mile one way trip yesterday...gained .5 mpg...1 oz per gal and fresh fill up when i added it. Can't complain for the price.

Latest posts

Members online