Tech Guru's pls help!

08Harley

Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering if someone can give me some insite on this issue i am having. Recently my truck would throw a code p0040 " Egtr temp high" and it would defuel the truck so i was told by ford to change the sensor on the passenger side manifold, when that got changed out the truck would still throw this code and i would have to pull out my code reader and flash the cpu, times this would happen would be diffrent.. Now the truck is not sending a code at all and the truck has full power but.. as soon as i put the truck in drive and it is warm it will ALWAYS go into rengen. i am wondering if this is a computer or sensor, the pictures i have included is where the egtr sensor plugs in "silver one by small turbo" also some oil was spiled in this area the other picture is the connection that got some oil on it.. i am wondering if this "computer" or connection would be what controls and throw my egt codes and causeing the DPF system to stay on, In short is that "computer" that controls exhaust? and do you belive changing this would fix the issue? thank you for you help guy.. truck is 100 stock with a cai

Attachments

• truck1.png
    truck1.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 54
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 48

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Have you let the truck actually do a good Regen where it says complete?
I think since that sensor was no good it won't allow for Regen and now the Dpf is really soot loaded

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
Have you let the truck actually do a good Regen where it says complete?
I think since that sensor was no good it won't allow for Regen and now the Dpf is really soot loaded

that avatar is off the hook! i watched it for a minute or so lol

08Harley

Reaction score
It has been burning for a full tank about 400 km it is for sure clean it just will not shut off right now that egtr sensor is not in the exhaust. it broke in the and is waiting to be tiged in.. but the truck has regen befor with the sensor out and it has worked fine.. i am just stumped and the diesel guy in my ford dealership.. is for lack of better word brain dead...

Latest posts

Members online