Tell me what you think.

ColtonP

Reaction score
I have a 2002 F350 with forged rods. I drive it back and forth to work and tow with it regularly. Current mods are 6637, 38r, high flow outlet, Warren trans, 6.0 trans cooler, DI regulated return, DI stainless up pipes, 4" turbo back exhaust and beans tunes. I want to go a little bigger, but I need some input.

This is what I'm thinking:
PIS 175/80%
T500
Gen 2 Wicked wheel
Walboro gsl392

Does anybody see a problem with this? Should I add head studs, valve springs, and/or pushrods? Anything I'm forgetting?

Last edited:

Black 02

Reaction score
That seems like it would make a pretty sweet setup. I don't know a lot about PIS injectors, but I know No-Limit and CSIPSD seem to like them.

From my understanding, a good stock HPOP should keep up with those injectors with the correct tuning.

Studs, springs, and rods are good. That being said, you're doing this to a PMR engine. I wouldn't throw those rods at my worst enemy. Choose your tuner wisely and be prepared for a good look into the block without removing the pan....... :pimp:

But...... Some PMR engines last a long time at the power levels you're looking at. You should be in the low 400's in horsepower.

Have fun!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Skip the Walbro pump... Failure prone and not rated for diesel...

I'd skip the HPOP for now, I dont think you will need it with a set of 175's...

I can not say enough good things about Tim and the Crew at P.I.S injectors...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
That seems like it would make a pretty sweet setup. I don't know a lot about PIS injectors, but I know No-Limit and CSIPSD seem to like them.

From my understanding, a good stock HPOP should keep up with those injectors with the correct tuning.

Studs, springs, and rods are good. That being said, you're doing this to a PMR engine. I wouldn't throw those rods at my worst enemy. Choose your tuner wisely and be prepared for a good look into the block without removing the pan....... :pimp:

But...... Some PMR engines last a long time at the power levels you're looking at. You should be in the low 400's in horsepower.

Have fun!

Over 120k on PMR's with a 38R and 160's in my wifes excursion... I cant express how important good tuning is to making PMR's live. Of course her HP level is below what most would consider dangerous (370hp) so....

ColtonP

Reaction score
Skip the Walbro pump... Failure prone and not rated for diesel...

I'd skip the HPOP for now, I dont think you will need it with a set of 175's...

I can not say enough good things about Tim and the Crew at P.I.S injectors...

So stick with a stock fuel pump, or go a differnt route?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thats crazy... I didnt believe you and just looked. I cant believe they are selling Bosch at that price!

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
PMRs can live.
I have a guy running 250/200s a 38r on stock head bolts. Push rods springs and fuel system.
Street tune did 489. Race tune did 513. And in a reg cab with no box it ran 12.5-12.6 in the 1/4.

Been abusing it since the beginning of this year.
I know it could go any day. But it has lived for several months. At a power level most would be afraid to run one pass with.

Just need to hold timing off and ramp in slower

hwrdbd

Reaction score
Ya rockauto and amazon both have the bosch pumps really cheap. Also, another thumbs up for Tim and PIS injectors, absolutely amazing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.