Tensioner pulley

d7es3l

Reaction score
My brother's tensioner pulley is real loose on his 1997 f250 I am just wondering where to get a solid replacement? I would like to get OEM but ford wants $165 for it. Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you.

old man dave

Reaction score
Go to retailmenot.com and get a discount code for Rockauto for an additional 5% off. Enter the code into the "How did You Hear About Us" box at checkout.

Bugman

Reaction score
You could just replace the bearing, cost about $5.

If you are somewhere that they have the bearings in stock.

I just had to replace mine and I was at the corner of walk and don't walk. I walked into the parts store and they didn't have one but it was at closing time, they called the nearest other store and they had one and I was lucky enough that a kid that worked there happen to live in the town that I was broke down in. He brought it to me that night.

old man dave

Reaction score
You could just replace the bearing, cost about $5.

You can replace just the bearing, but the tensioner may no longer have enough spring tension to properly tension the belt. the spring does get tired.

The bearing can be found at a lot of plain old hardware stores. Its a very common size used in a lot of alternators, among other things

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
I dont recommend just changing the bearing. Aside from the fact that the idler bolt in the arm is a self tapper (and will start to kill the threads when you remove it), the tensioner is done if the idler is loose. Replacing it correctly/completely just takes a few minutes.

d7es3l

Reaction score
Ya I think we are getting the whole assembly. Just want to replace it & be done with it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.