Testing hpfp

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
So I bought a used hpfp to run with my duel fueler but I just want to have it checked before I put it on is there anyplace I can send it and have it checked?

webb06

Reaction score
I would advise against going with a used pump. But if you can have it tested it might be okay.

Mbatten

Reaction score
Why can you not rebuild have not had one apart but isant it just piston and ring pump?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Let me just put this thought in your head...

I had a pump that I took off the back of the engine with 55k on it and put it in front for my duel fueler setup and put a new pump in back. A few thousand miles after the build was completed, my pump up front chit the bed, locked up and sent metal though my entire fuel system. Wrecked all my injectors, fuel cooler, and had to take everything apart. It costed me just under $4k and that was with me doing all the work and getting parts at a good cost. You do the math and see if using a used pump is worth it. I say it is not.

New pump= Under $1k
used pump that chit the bed= $4k

HD F250

Reaction score
I bet that pump failed cause you reversed the rotation after it had bedded in.

Can you explain? I am getting ready to replace my front pump when I go cab up, just for piece of mind, but a lot of people have done the valley pump to the front with success.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I bet that pump failed cause you reversed the rotation after it had bedded in.

I have been considering duals for a while and that is one of the things that is holding me back....I have seen that theory mentioned before and it does make sense. Of course, that leaves you with the only option of buying a new pump and putting it in the front and hoping your old pump in the valley won't chit to bed or buying 2 new pumps...$$$$

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i reversed two used stock pumps so far so good. first one got replaced because a fitting broke off in the pump

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Let me just put this thought in your head...

I had a pump that I took off the back of the engine with 55k on it and put it in front for my duel fueler setup and put a new pump in back. A few thousand miles after the build was completed, my pump up front chit the bed, locked up and sent metal though my entire fuel system. Wrecked all my injectors, fuel cooler, and had to take everything apart. It costed me just under $4k and that was with me doing all the work and getting parts at a good cost. You do the math and see if using a used pump is worth it. I say it is not.

New pump= Under $1k
used pump that chit the bed= $4k

Wow yes that story will make me buy a new one. But is there anyone that goes thru/rebuilds them or am I just better to buy a new one for up front and ill run the stock one in the valley truck has 90k

buck russell

Reaction score
With the good discounts that we get at Sunrise, it would probably just be smarter to buy a new pump. Little extra money up front is cheap insurance for the long run.

Latest posts

Members online