The Big 3 on one truck/Dyno

Notneb

Reaction score
So as a few of you know I've been trying to get all three tunes on one dyno, and today Mike *No Limit Fab* and Cory *Diesels & More* came through and managed to get me a GH/AS Tune to compare against Sp@rtan and P!P.

We did 2 pulls on each tune, giving the truck time to cool down, swap to stock, then to then next tuner. We then took the best of each and laid them together for a side by side comparison.
GH/AS is Red, P!P is Blue, and Sp@rtan is Green
116_zpsowjuw0ax.jpg

117_zpslahswsxt.jpg

118_zpsvcv4g0ns.jpg

And here's just how loud my tires are compared to my exhaust... Really re-thinking some Toyo RT's now... Lol, anyone want to swap for some SS M16's?!

https://youtu.be/MabcBxGiIpA

Mods for those who can't see my sig: No Limit D3letes, No Limit Stage 2 Intake, Midwest SS IC piping kit, H&S Fuel Filter/CCV Mod *reroute to downpipe*, 5" Flo Pro. Tires are actually 34" in diameter.

JRLott

Reaction score
Wow. Surprised to see GH/AS so far to the right. Is that theoretically...or realistically hard on the rods to be making a fair bit more torque lower in the RPM range? That has to make for a fun driving rig, as long as it's not too hard on the motor.

Thanks for doing this. Looks like they all have their good points and it depends on what you want to do with your truck.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Wow. Surprised to see GH/AS so far to the right. Is that theoretically...or realistically hard on the rods to be making a fair bit more torque lower in the RPM range? That has to make for a fun driving rig, as long as it's not too hard on the motor.

Thanks for doing this. Looks like they all have their good points and it depends on what you want to do with your truck.

The variations you see there are due to the variances in RPM starting point of the run. You can reference the beginning of each line. I'll elaborate more on this when I'm in front of my computer.

Notneb

Reaction score

Drag the lines until the starting points are on top of eachother for a better representation of how they actually stack up. If that makes sense?

JRLott

Reaction score
Ok. Between you & Matt, I got it...mostly me not being well versed in dynographology. Lol.

I guess I was thinking same truck, same dyno, same operator, should lead to comparable results without "adjustments". Again, see above...lol

Thanks for the replies.

Notneb

Reaction score
Again, huge shout out to Mike @ No Limit, he drove in to work today just to get a AS/GH tune for an apples to apples to apples comparison! He never fails to amaze me on the quality of his customer support!

Notneb

Reaction score
SCTx4 7015: P!P v8 LV 4
SCTx4 7015: AS/GH Race *newest version*
nGauge: Sp@rtan Warhammer Beta

denny9742

Reaction score
Couple questions:

1. Have these numbers been adjusted or are these numbers representative of true at the wheels power?

2. What kind of risk do these power numbers pose to stock rods?

Notneb

Reaction score
Adjusted, if anything it's reading on the low side. Rods aren't an issue, boost is held pretty low until around 1800rpms.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Their dyno is spot on as well. Track times put my truck at 615, dynoed at 614 on their dyno. Glad you guys finally got to do this!

Jomax

Reaction score
Ran my truck today as well. After I got my numbers we decided to get Tony to somehow get ******** to see on his truck.

My truck has S&B intake, ****** pipe, MBRP rear duals gear head race

573hp 1363ft lbs

66ce2f7cce21e742416762df2aa57d4f.jpg

For anyone calling bull on this. I have track times to back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Interesting Jomax.... you were a good 40hp more than Neb on a gear head tune. It seems as if there is a small power loss on Nebs rig??

Latest posts

Members online