The Broke college kid project log

OBS F350

Reaction score
Awesome stuff so far! I am itching to find a project truck similar to this, just for something to do.

At the shop I work for we get our truck batteries for $61 a piece (we buy alot lol). I was so angry when they wouldn't fit in the battery trays of my 6.4 when I needed batteries LOL.

Renegade7.3

Reaction score
Awesome stuff so far! I am itching to find a project truck similar to this, just for something to do.

At the shop I work for we get our truck batteries for $61 a piece (we buy alot lol). I was so angry when they wouldn't fit in the battery trays of my 6.4 when I needed batteries LOL.

Yea we get our batteries for $90 a piece for the tractor/trailers.

Unfortunately I think with out moving them under the bed on the frame. I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep running them :/ guess I'll go ask the interstate guy if he can get me some blems for the truck or just go but motor craft ones

You can do anything you want, as long as you don't break rule #1

Renegade7.3

Reaction score
well update:

got the injectors in to no change. thinking its a compression problem. ill run a compression test when i get the chance. thinking the injector sleeve is a little goofed up on a couple of cylinders as a couple injectors had the black soot on them from a leaking seal.

idk. im dont for the night. 5 hours of work and absolutely no change at all. Im done

Renegade7.3

Reaction score
just some pictures i took

2013-02-01_18-34-53_0_zpse472b0a7.jpg

2013-02-01_16-54-33_338_zps509bd68a.jpg

OBS F350

Reaction score
That sucks to hear, did you look at the push rods or anything while you had the valve covers off? Any noticeable thud sound through intake or exhaust? Any chance you have a bad injector(s) in the new bunch you put in?

Renegade7.3

Reaction score
That sucks to hear, did you look at the push rods or anything while you had the valve covers off? Any noticeable thud sound through intake or exhaust? Any chance you have a bad injector(s) in the new bunch you put in?

I didn't notice anything noticeable. Everything seemed to work right. Not really a big chance the guy I bought them of had them checked at a diesel shop and besides a little bit of sticking they were fine.

I'm gonna try a compression test today and see what it turns out

Renegade7.3

Reaction score
It runs!!!!!!! It was the injectors not torque down tight enough! The haynes manual was not right on the torque. So I went down a little more and the cylinders that were not firing are noe all firing and it runs great!!!

O this has been a great weekend!

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
That's good news, you cant always go by manuals, I don't like manuals or schematics, I could build my legos as a kid without them, and I can build almost anything else without them now.

Renegade7.3

Reaction score
That's good news, you cant always go by manuals, I don't like manuals or schematics, I could build my legos as a kid without them, and I can build almost anything else without them now.

I personally like to have a manual handy. Atleast to point me in the right direction. It got me in the ball park so it just took a little tweaking from there.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I personally like to have a manual handy. Atleast to point me in the right direction. It got me in the ball park so it just took a little tweaking from there.

I do the same thing sometimes, if I have to, I'm that guy who is too stubborn and proud for help. lol

Renegade7.3

Reaction score
Glad to see you got her running man, now drive the living piss out of it.

I've been playing with it today after I git hone from school. Took it to work. Went and played in the fields. Realized it goes like a tank in the snow!

Petro

Reaction score
I've been playing with it today after I git hone from school. Took it to work. Went and played in the fields. Realized it goes like a tank in the snow!

Ha yes they do. My 99 got nicknamed The Snow Cat for the same reason.

Renegade7.3

Reaction score
Ha yes they do. My 99 got nicknamed The Snow Cat for the same reason.

We got 6-7" yesterday. My honda barely made it home from my school. I instantly got in the truck and let it warm up ans then just romped in the snow with it. My honda suxks so much in any type of snow/rain/slush. This truck just took it all and kept going at a faster speed to boot!

OBS F350

Reaction score
I wish we could get some snow more than an inch or two this year lol. Past 2 we havent gotten anything hardly. What are your next plans for the truck?

Renegade7.3

Reaction score
I wish we could get some snow more than an inch or two this year lol. Past 2 we havent gotten anything hardly. What are your next plans for the truck?

Well its having trouble starting. It smokes and smokes but no bang. Gonna check out glow plug system and if its bad gonna replace all 8 and put a better relay in it

Latest posts

Members online