The Diesel Cartel's RCSB 6.7 Race/Street Truck Build

Reaction score
You honestly have a good point there. If there was something else on the truck that anodized red, they might flow better.

Thats coming, i have to pull the grille back apart and the little chrome [ ] parts of the grille are going to be the same red as the sticker on the back window that are a perfect match to the grille. Also going to do red in both front and rear ford emblems as well as the headlights.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
If you like it I love it...reminds me of every 1/2 ton is Texas in the 80's with 15x10 reversed wheels and narrow tires. Like the color...not the offset.

JMart

Reaction score
If you like it I love it...reminds me of every 1/2 ton is Texas in the 80's with 15x10 reversed wheels and narrow tires. Like the color...not the offset.

My thoughts every time I see a truck with wheels sticking way out. I wish I had some pics of those trucks. Trends do run in a circle I guess.

I like the color of the wheels though. Just not liking the trend that everyone is doing with the wide wheels.

Strokersace

Reaction score

My thoughts every time I see a truck with wheels sticking way out. I wish I had some pics of those trucks. Trends do run in a circle I guess.

I like the color of the wheels though. Just not liking the trend that everyone is doing with the wide wheels.
I agree. I think that's my biggest issue with the addition of these wheels. I think the color will work with some accents. But the roller skates...

And it wasn't just a Texas thing. Western Kansas had it bad even into the early 2000s.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Wider wheels = more tread width, which to an extent = more grip...?

Thats atleast how I justified it on my last toy lol. 335/30/19s on 19x12s in rear. Besides the Drag Radial setup on 17s

JMart

Reaction score
Wider wheels = more tread width, which to an extent = more grip...?

Thats atleast how I justified it on my last toy lol. 335/30/19s on 19x12s in rear. Besides the Drag Radial setup on 17s

Its not so much the width as it is the offset I guess. Half the wheel doesn't need to be outside the body. If the weight isn't evenly distributed over the tires, adding extra width doesn't increase traction.

The more I look at the pics, the more I think its not as bad as a lot of the builds I have seen. Its just a little bit to far out there for my tastes. Its such a b!tch to keep a truck clean like that. I swear I have to clean my mirrors everyday from all the crap my tires sling up there, and my tires just barely poke out.

Mudstomper99

Reaction score
I love this short bed I wish I could do a crazy color wheel and think it would look good like those do!
B2B027FE-ECFD-41E4-9AFC-052ABEEEE41C_zpslps2zawb.jpg

Inline6359

Reaction score
I honestly think if you could get the badges the same color as the anodized red or even custom billet anodized red badges and something in the grill it would pull it all together.

SuperdutyTD

Reaction score
I personally hate the look of wheels way past the fenders, i think a set of smooth bushwhacker flares would look killer.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Also installed the new painted door handles and mirrors. Mirror lights have already been swapped for smoked Recons but I didn't get a picture.
E05DAA74-A073-4E8F-AA72-FC377068A800_zpsngdsbpt3.jpg

I really really like that paint scheme on the mirrors. Well done. Gave me a great (borrowed) idea.

Did you paint the bars black or is that stock black plastic?? Trying to judge that in the picture is alittle difficult.

I would like to see a completed truck picture of it (I've probably missed somewhere)