the fourth gauge

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Obviously it would matter what your other 3 are, but if you don't already have it I would recommend fuel pressure, another good one would be HPOP pressure, another would be a scanguage if you don't have diagnostic tools available.

Denver

Reaction score
I have trans, boost, pyro, and coolant. I'm glad I have the coolant when I'm towing. What are going to be using the truck for? If your towing I would do a coolant, diff temp, or oil temp. If your racing it I would go along the lines of HPOP pressure, fuel pressure, ect.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
My 6.0 was mainly a DD and tow rig and I ran boost, pyro, trams, and fuel pressure I think fuel pressure is the one you need to add

bruce

Reaction score
well it will tell you that its startin to get weak, honestly i would get the scangauge, i want one and will get one eventually

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
i don't under stand why i need the a gauge to tell me that the fuel pump is dead

If you have checked your fuel pressure and have done the in tank modifications to prevent future restriction failures, then the fuel pressure is less important in a non race, non higher HP setting. Go for the scan gauge then.

If you have not done any modifications to the fuel system you might be surprised at WOT or towing what your fuel pressure drops to.

Personally boost is just a fun gauge, although it can help with knowing boost leaks. Tranny temps are important as well as EGT's next to those I feel being able to monitor ICP and IPR parameters are next important, and although you can get a HPOP gauge it helps to know the IPR duty cycle along with PSI, the only "gauge" that can do that is scangauge.

steele86

Reaction score
ho make the scan gauge?? the mod inthe tank is to take out the filter right? i was thinking about do the irate dual bypass setup next year

dietoremain

Reaction score
I have the basic 3, but I've always wanted more. Some day I'll invest in some more but other things are important right now, like trying to PAY FOR FUEL!

Latest posts

Members online