The New Project

Dflippin08

Reaction score
So I've started a new upgrade a little sooner than I expected. I decided that I would go ahead and do the injector upgrade now rather than wait until next year. I order the injectors, pushrods, and valve springs through Irate. Went with the full force 300/200 injectors. I knew that I would need to go with a waste gate on my s366 or upgrade. I decided to go with a new s467.7. I have a fuel tank sump and all the needed fittings to run twin super duty fuel pumps. Also went to a truck salvage yard last week and bought a couple HPOP resrvoirs and power steering pumps off of t444e's. Only need one of each for my build. But the salvage yard had 2 so I got them. Only paid $85 for all 4. Guess it's clear that I'll be doing a gen 3. I got the new injectors Thursday. Hopefully I will get the valve springs and pushrods tomorrow. Truck is already down and the injectors have been pulled. Along with rockers n pushrods. Will be taking pics of the progress. Very excited to say the least.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Sounds like you got chit figured out. Good luck with the build.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dflippin08

Reaction score
I only have 1500 miles on the s366. I also have a s482. Guess I'll use them both when I'm done with my spare block build for a compound setup.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
You could take that s468 and mock up like a 92mm or 95mm for a pretty sweet compound setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dflippin08

Reaction score
Not sure why I didn't say studs. Yes it's getting ARP's

Dflippin08

Reaction score
I have to admit, I ordered the injectors, pushrods and valve springs all at once. I got the injectors so fast I got excited. Pull it all down and thought I was starting the project full steam ahead. Well its still sitting with the injectors, rockers, pushrods out. I started the studs on the driver's side. Just have one left. Waiting on the valve springs to come before i jack that side up to do the last studs and springs. Then the other side. Waiting is killing me. Hopefully I get the rest tomorrow. Which is what I was told Monday. Just being impatient.

Dflippin08

Reaction score
Springs came today. Maybe it'll run by Monday. Fingers crossed

Dflippin08

Reaction score
66b33e0b0b02bbd7f8b1c431134e9180.jpg

Driver side is done. Injectors, valve springs, valve seals, glow plugs harness, gasket, ARP studs. Working on the other side now.

Dflippin08

Reaction score
I didnt think is was bad. But I'm a diesel tech for a living, maybe I'm a lil used to it. It was hard on my stomach. But overall not bad. I wouldn't think about doing it any other way. Way less work than removing the engine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.