The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Doesn't everything overheat? Never grenaded the driveline yet? That's alot of power for that heavy.

I have an IC, a transmission cooler the size of Texas, larger capacity diff covers (and was actually just talking about installing an auxiliary cooler on the rear axle with a buddy of mine not 10 minutes ago. I cooked the rear axle that was in the truck.... well done actually. LOL The transfer case seen better days, the whole front end was shot.... I've put the trans into "high temp limp mode" once.... that takes 300 degrees.... hence why it got the larger cooler, more capacity, larger lines, etc.... I set it up to abuse it because I bought it to abuse it.

What part of texas?

Going down to the World's in Ennis - and any area coming and going depending on the actual route I have to take on the trip to pick up some trucks down in that region of the country. LOL

Jomax

Reaction score
Lemme know how you do the auxiliary cooler for the rear diff, I'm really interested.

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

davey99ps

Reaction score
the Chevys don't come with an IC?? Or did you put a bigger aftermarket one?

Yes they come with an IC, an I'm not positive but with everything else thats been upgraded I would venture to guess that Jason has added an aftermarket ic

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Lemme know how you do the auxiliary cooler for the rear diff, I'm really interested.

I'm not decided yet on if I'm going to do it - but if I do I'll just use a 12vdc electric oil pump rated to like 300* and an air to oil cooler and probably activated the pump based off of temperature so it is only running when its hot.

the Chevys don't come with an IC?? Or did you put a bigger aftermarket one?

I installed a Spearco in the truck after I started having issues with the factory connection points to the plumbing.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I just want to bump this up a little. I've been acquiring parts and doing little things associated with the scope creep on this truck.... details on the scope creep: You've seen the pictures of the new turbos, but to accompany them is a new fuel system, 60 over sticks, a new HRT built CP3 pump, studs, valve springs, etc.... .

**double post **

Last edited:

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I just want to bump this up a little. I've been acquiring parts and doing little things associated with the scope creep on this truck.... details on the scope creep: You've seen the pictures of the new turbos, but to accompany them is a new fuel system, 60 over sticks, a new HRT built CP3 pump, studs, valve springs, etc.... .

Might as well install a cat door for the rods for when they decide they want to go outside to play.

MINK

Reaction score
I think he wants this thing to blow up so he has no option but to go all out - I have no doubt in this.

SteadyHazin

Reaction score
Get my converter and Matt on the ball with my lights while you're at it:poke:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lost cause..i've concluded that you will never get your lights and I will maybe one day remember to grab that converter. Too much chit going on and i've been slaving on my truck in my "spare time"

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
A quick update: A long way to go, but the rear axle is mocked into place.

215414_427470843963164_648727540_n.jpg

MINK

Reaction score
So I googled "Chevy ridin high" and this is what poped up :flipa:
main.jpg

please no flares...please no flares...please no flares

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
So I googled "Chevy ridin high" and this is what poped up :flipa:
main.jpg

please no flares...please no flares...please no flares

Its not going to get the flares in the shop until it gets bigger wheels and tires. Its going to get some sort of flair, but it needs alot more wheel for those cutouts.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Man everyone wants to give me **** about needing flairs.

Everything is coming off the truck - flares, badges, door moldings, etc... and the whole thing is getting carefully cleaned and buffed from sitting in the shop since January collecting dirt road dust, grinding dust, and any other dust or particle falling from the sky. then once it is clean - MAYBE I'll leave it like that for a while. But I think it still needs bigger wheels, flairs, and custom paint.

Latest posts

Members online