The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
If you pay for my flight, I'll come down there and weld everything up for you so it doesn't look like a farm project lol

My welds aren't hateful to look at - could they be prettier - sure can - but I just don't do enough of it often enough. But - I've got good penetration (insert "That's what she said" joke), decent fill, and they don't look like chewing gum, so I think I'll just burn it in and be OK. This is after all just the trailer pulling work truck. :D

K_Hood

Reaction score
man that is looking killer. I can't wait to see the final product.

I always have loved the look of the 05-07 GM's when they went to a more HD hood and grille.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Kinda makes me miss my ol' Dmax....good truck but junk front end

I'm hoping I have the fix for the junk up front! LOL

You only have a month till TS! Get that chit done!!

Yeah I know.... still not sure if I can make any of TS or not.... I HAVE to be in Urbana Ohio on Saturday.

Looks awsome! Did you put together that upper coil over mount Jason?

The coil over brackets came from XXX Traction in California. Toby has been super easy and cool to deal with - the parts are beyond anything I have worked with before. Its actually kind of funny - I normally would have taken all the time to design this stuff and build it, since this was my first truck based 4 link setup I was doing some research on Pirate4x4 and ran across the build thread where these parts were being developed. As soon as I saw the parts in the pictures, I knew I wasn't going to design anything... Toby had what I needed and it was a level beyond (or several!) what my first attempt would ever be. there are so many little things that I notice as I am putting it together that just make me step back and realize how refined the design really is. My hat is off to Toby.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
The coil over brackets came from XXX Traction in California. Toby has been super easy and cool to deal with - the parts are beyond anything I have worked with before. Its actually kind of funny - I normally would have taken all the time to design this stuff and build it, since this was my first truck based 4 link setup I was doing some research on Pirate4x4 and ran across the build thread where these parts were being developed. As soon as I saw the parts in the pictures, I knew I wasn't going to design anything... Toby had what I needed and it was a level beyond (or several!) what my first attempt would ever be. there are so many little things that I notice as I am putting it together that just make me step back and realize how refined the design really is. My hat is off to Toby.

That's great to hear, those pieces look like some time and thought went into them. Lots of good looking pieces that came together for this four link!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
A quick little update - the front brackets are all burned on and the "outside" painted - i need to do some acrobatics and get as much of the "inside" painted as I can get and I will have to call it good until the cab needs to come off and the engine removed.....

I have the GM AAM 11.5 removed from the rear and both the GM AAM 11.5 and the Dodge AAM 11.5 disassembled in the shop - its going to take a little bit of work to make things work my way - but I have a big enough hammer that it WILL do it my way or else. Having the two axle stripped side by side really shows how much stronger the Dodge axle is over the GM - the tubes are larger, the shafts are larger, the brake rotors are larger, etc...

I'll get some pics and post up as time allows.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.