The stupidest mistake of my life

BFT

Reaction score
I've heard of others that have done the same when tired, I almost did it. The diesel handles are yellow.

tmillburg

Reaction score
i drove over 200 miles yesterday, highway and city, and i cant tell any issues

Translated from Morse Code

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I guess I get why BP would use green and yellow pump handles for ALL their pumps, as those are the company colors, but you would think someone high up on the totem pole with half a sense would say they might confuse those who drive diesels.......

bad12jr

Reaction score
You didn't look at the gas button when you selected the grade of gas you were putting in your tank?

Sent from my x2 somewhere

tmillburg

Reaction score
You didn't look at the gas button when you selected the grade of gas you were putting in your tank?

it was the flip up support for the nozzle, or else i would have noticed

tmillburg

Reaction score
I guess I get why BP would use green and yellow pump handles for ALL their pumps, as those are the company colors, but you would think someone high up on the totem pole with half a sense would say they might confuse those who drive diesels.......

ya, but i wasnt payin attention, learned my lesson

bad12jr

Reaction score
Got ya man. I've almost done it at a BP station as well btw. Lucky it was a push button.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I make it point not to buy diesel from bp for that very reason. Since I've owned my 2 7.3L's I have only gone to BP once for diesel. good luck bud and ask to have this thread deleted LOL

tmillburg

Reaction score
I make it point not to buy diesel from bp for that very reason. Since I've owned my 2 7.3L's I have only gone to BP once for diesel. good luck bud and ask to have this thread deleted LOL

lol i dont care, i think i can handle the torcher, i think if the fuel system was guna take a crap it would have done it already, i was about 600 miles ago and two full tanks of DIESEL!!

Worstenemy453

Reaction score

What does diesel from BP have to do with not paying attention ? A few of my diesel pumps local all have black handles for gas or diesel. If you pay attention to the pump there shouldnt be any issues. Avoiding a particular company because you might make a mistake is pretty weird.

tmillburg

Reaction score
hope everything will work out ok for you

so far so good, up to 1000 miles since it happened and no issues, i have been putting in about 4-6 ounces of lucas injector treatment, jus to lube up everything every fillup

MorganY

Reaction score
so far so good, up to 1000 miles since it happened and no issues, i have been putting in about 4-6 ounces of lucas injector treatment, jus to lube up everything every fillup

thats good! but I will say if there is a next time I would consider draining it to save your $$ investment

BFT

Reaction score
What does diesel from BP have to do with not paying attention ? A few of my diesel pumps local all have black handles for gas or diesel. If you pay attention to the pump there shouldnt be any issues. Avoiding a particular company because you might make a mistake is pretty weird.

Why is that wierd? I'm not too fond of BP for that reason. Like mentioned before, being tired, or better yet only having X amount of miles till empty and lookig for that green handle makes you want to stop, and then finding out and saying, "oh sh!t!" because all the pumps are green and that particular fuel station that doesn't serve diesel.
Even worse when your towing:doh:

bluedge8

Reaction score

It's just a measure of insurance, a friend of mine that owned my truck previously did the exact same thing, but realized it before he got to the second tank, so he was able to drive it until he had time to have it pumped out. Around me the only station using green handled pumps for diesel is BP, and if I avoid them I don't have to worry about it, that's all

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.