think my turbos dead

Reaction score
How are yall trashing these 38rs?? Has anyone pulled one apart to look and see what the issue was? Sounds like a oiling issue if the bearing is just locking up all of a sudden. I ran the ever living s@## out of mine with multiple runs per day @ 45+ psi and over 1800 degree egts. Yes I don't recommend that for the motor but I like to go fast. This was with 300/200s and has zero shaft play at all.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Milford

Reaction score
Yeah I have a slow run through the neighborhood also then I let it idle till 375* or less. I kinda figured this thing was going out anyways just because of high EGTs the past few months and no boost leaks and exhaust leaks to be found. Time for the stocker to go back on and buy a T4 for my forged rod motor I am putting together.

Milford

Reaction score
How are yall trashing these 38rs?? Has anyone pulled one apart to look and see what the issue was? Sounds like a oiling issue if the bearing is just locking up all of a sudden. I ran the ever living s@## out of mine with multiple runs per day @ 45+ psi and over 1800 degree egts. Yes I don't recommend that for the motor but I like to go fast. This was with 300/200s and has zero shaft play at all.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Honestly mine you could tell it was getting oil without a problem. It is a bearing problem but hey the way I see it is everything mechanical will break no matter what. Some things are built at 1650 on a Friday so its a luck of the draw.

Latest posts

Members online