thinking abouy buying an ats trans and have ?'s

DocBar

Reaction score
I've been running an ATS stage 3 w/ 5star TC and co pilot since June of '07. All I had was a stock motor with an Edge then SCT programmer. Never had an issue in 90K miles. Since I've had Lott's motor in my truck (a little over a month) it takes a second or two to drop into reverse. I emailed ATS asking for a ballpark figure to freshen it up with new clutches and all and I've been waiting a week or so and still no reply. I've heard things are getting better at ATS, but that's not the kind of customer service I want. I'll either buy a BTS when this one craters or have David go through it and freshen it up before it craters.

Tom S

Reaction score
I seem to recall they had some provision in there about only ATS tuning in the warranty. I might have to look that up for fun.

Chris

Reaction score
Dustin had a great recommendation. Spend some coin on a Precision/BTS converter and one of Brians valvebodies. I think youll have just as reliable if not more reliable transmission and have some coin left over. Also, when you do want to do the full trans, Brian gives like a $800 credit towards the new trans for having his converter already.

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
Someone here locally is running an ats in their dually 7.3 and doesn't have any complaints. He does alot of towing and has the truck tuned and the trannys been lasting.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
They may be getting better but after a long time of doing people wrong, I will never run an ATS tranny. When I do an engine build Brian will be getting my business.

bruce

Reaction score
been runnin the dog piss out of my bts for 22000 miles, well worth the money, i would also recommend a 6.0 cooler, but thats to any transmission

jdgleason

Reaction score
I really think ATS used to be a good tranny builder. I think they have enlisted some cheaper parts and cheaper help. I think they have gone way downhill, but maybe that is starting to turn around. Im pretty sure the big hp trucks they still have, the trannies were built by their top shelf tranny builders, not the normal guys, and i think they use different parts. I had a buddy with one of their trannys in a 450ish horse dodge and he went through 5 trannies and 7 trips to ATS in 5 months. It took a lawyer and some hook ups before they refunded his money. Plus, they have their lawyers business card at the reception desk if that tells you anything.

Latest posts

Members online