thinking bout getting a chip? help

guillozet08

Reaction score
thinking bout getting a chip just not sure what kind or that? i was thinking ofgetting tony's burns. but if i do not sure what 6 to get? i do tow 20 ft trailer and then a 25 gooseneck..
who or what do u guys recommend or prefer?
or do ya think that is next best step on 97 7.3 350. with gauges exhaust and intake.. i dont wanna go real big just a little more power.

Thanks for the help.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Definately a TS style 6 position chip as the base for your tunes. There are plenty of peoples tunes to choose from. Most of which are all good. For mild power gains, great daily drivablilty, and towing, I would suggest TW's tunes, Beans, or Swamps. Just figure out whos you want to go with and them CALL them. Yes, they have a TON of tunes to choose from. But when you call and tell them what exacly you have done to your truck and what you DO with your truck, they can get you the best 6 tunes for YOU. Easy as that.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i have cales tunes through irate diesel and i love them, alot more power while maintaining stock like drivability as well as a 3 mpg gain in his economy tune, the best bet is to call around and see who has exactly what you want and make the deal
good luck!

guillozet08

Reaction score
thanks guys.. thats probably what i will do. when i get some time im going get some different numbers and go from there. itll be probably least month till i order anything

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Another thing that might be of interest to you. Find a tuner you like and see if they offer free reburn of tunes. Reason why is if you don't like a certain tune you can change it.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
^^^ yes. Free reburns is almost a must. That way...if your happy with thier tunes, and you decide to change them or go bigger with motor mods, you can get your chip reburned to meet the needs of the new parts...for free!

ToMang07

Reaction score
My vote goes out to PHP!

Awesome tunes, and Great people to do business with! :toast:

Tom S

Reaction score
Happy with DP-tuner but not knocking any of the other suggestions.

guillozet08

Reaction score
Heavy at time.. 280 bales hay on gooseneck.. probably bout 25000 with trailer it was. Then most time it is 3 quads and a sandrail

Latest posts

Members online