This cant be good.

Thad Keller

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new to this forum, and kinda new to powerstrokes, having not purchased my first powerstroke until age 39. I have an 08 ec, lb, 4x4, with H&S mini-maxx, Air-raid intake, and MBRP 4" exhaust w/DPF, cat, muffler deletes. and also 35x12.50x18 nitto mud grapplers. I havent done the egr delete yet, but I do have one purchased and sitting in the glove box. It's a Sinister egr delete. I'm already having a few issues here. since i installed the mini-max, my trans wants to rev slam all the time, and without any warning. I've done the relearn procedure, and it doesn't help. Is it the tuner, or am I having trans issues. On another note, I checked my coolant level the other day and noticed dried coolant all over the degas bottle and my master cylinder, under the hood too, so I replaced the cap with a new one, and topped it off. The next day after driving a little over a hundred miles, It was a gallon low again. I noticed a little puff of white smoke the other day from the tail-pipe. Are my heads starting to lift, or could it be my egr cooler, and the fact it hasn't been deleted yet..... PLEASE HELP!!!!

RedLine

Reaction score
Delete the egr, and did you check your trans fluid level? Thats the first place to start. Then pull codes and go from there.

MINK

Reaction score
If your loosing that much coolant then your head gaskets are likely blown, I think its also fair to assume they have cracked seats as most do.

Mine only lost that amount of coolant once and I imeadiatly tore it down for repair so nothing else was damaged. Goodluck

Wayne

Reaction score
Definitely do EGR delete before assuming it's the head gaskets. also check for coolant in your oil. If that's the case you may have to replace the front cover. cavitation behind the water pump can be a problem.

Black_Lightning91

Reaction score
Hey Thad it's Cody Honaker Glad to see you made it over here. Like I said most likely you are in need of studs and gaskets. I know thats not the kinda news one wants to hear but pay to play rings true with anything in life! Hope it all gets worked out for ya and you will find a wealth of excellent info and helpful people on here!

AllanB

Reaction score
Definitely do EGR delete before assuming it's the head gaskets. also check for coolant in your oil. If that's the case you may have to replace the front cover. cavitation behind the water pump can be a problem.

I figured he would have already checked the oil. After loosing a gallon of coolant, when you pull the dipstick, it should be real obviousLOL

Thad Keller

Reaction score
Ok, may be a little confused now, or I might have gotten real lucky. After topping off the coolant again the other day, after at least 300 miles, I haven't lost another drop of coolant. I'm really hoping I just lost that much coolant through a bad cap, and it just needed to be topped off again. I'm getting ready to do the egr delete tomorrow, and do a good flush, Probably go ahead and change the thermostats too. Wish me luck guys, and I'll keep ya posted. :ford:

Latest posts

Members online