Thoughts on a more affordable rod fix

MINK

Reaction score
I say go for it - only worry would be if some did go at 800hp but thats part of the game also.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
I say go for it - only worry would be if some did go at 800hp but thats part of the game also.

Yeah, 800hp at 3500rpm is totally different than 800hp at 2500rpm so that is just a baseline number.

If we drop it down to 700hp as a realistic number that still includes the majority of guys IMO.

We are pursuing this.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
You talking about cryo treating stock rods? If I had a 6.7 and wanted more get up and go out of it, I would buy Carillos or Crowers.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I think for people just doing modest upgrades it would be a very viable option, even for the guys going a little further with turbo swaps and lite fueling upgrades.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
honestly tho, how many trucks period are over an honest to god 800 hp? Not a ton...

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I'm not looking for anything close to 800hp I want these rods and 500rwhp and that's all the truck I need. It's actually all the truck I need in stock form (35's not lasting very long) but its always fun to go faster and make noise.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I know it's happening, but how many are really throwing rods? Some of these threads make it seem like its a 6.0 headgasket issue. More like when it will happen, not if it will happen. I only know one person with a tuned 6.7. He's been running his spartan for awhile with no problems. And I have my spartan in for mine, just not on it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I know it's happening, but how many are really throwing rods? Some of these threads make it seem like its a 6.0 headgasket issue. More like when it will happen, not if it will happen. I only know one person with a tuned 6.7. He's been running his spartan for awhile with no problems. And I have my spartan in for mine, just not on it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my point of view it is more common than not with the 6.7. I have a few friends that are spartan and H&S tuned that have 50k and 80k miles and both drive like they stole them and not a single issue also know of a few that tuned and bent rods and windowed the blocks after a couple thousand miles and one actually babied the hell out of his. Also guys I talk to at aftermarket shops say they have plenty come in to get detuned so they can bring it to ford with a trashed bottom end.

And I think the highest HP out of the ones that blew up MAY have been 500.

I just know I'd be getting a divorce if I have to write a check for a $10-$12k (not sure on $) engine. Lol so if rather spend an extra $1200 for piece of mind.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
This is awesome to see. Tadd what material will they be, or is that still under wraps? I like! Makes me want a 6.7 now.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
If you can afford a 6.7, and then to void your warranty by modifying it to this power level where you are worried about your connecting rods, you can afford $3500 for a set of rods :shrug:

6.7Stroker

Reaction score
Possible to change the rods on the truck with the engine still in the truck? Maybe pull the pan, remove the crank, and pull the rods/pistons out from the bottom... swap rods... then reinstall them from the bottom... reinstall crank and oil pan? Would this work or am I just dreaming? :)

Latest posts

Members online