Thoughts On This '99 CCSB ZF6- Photos

Austen

Reaction score
Going to be taking a look at this '99 CCSB ZF6.

I've done my research and know what to look for when buying one of these trucks but before I make the trip out there, I'd love to get your initial thoughts first and anything in particular from the norm I should ask and or be looking for.

It does have more miles that what I would prefer but I know if the maintenance has been kept up, that is not too big a of an issue with the 7.3. Price is also up there but is not out of the ballpark for trucks like these in the NW.

Here is a copy of the ad with a few photos:

"99 Ford F250 7.3 diesel"best bullet proof diesel ford made" 6sp 4x4

-clean title, in hand/in my name
-black exterior, gray cloth interior
-power windows & locks, ac, cruise
-220k miles, low for a diesel,runs & drives great
-pioneer aux, ipod, CD, dvd etc
- 20mpg avg
-block heater
-tow package, trailer brakes
-hatchie bottom neoprene camouflage seat cover from cabelas, no rips or anything underneath.
-pretty stock motor besides intake and 4in exhaust to 5in tip never chipped or tuned
-arb front bumper with 6in piaas
-smoked recon oem cab lights
-recon led taillights
-cab guard
-bushwacker flares
-rhino lined rockers along with the flares
-6in lift
-17in xd rims with 37x13.5 Toyo mt, lots of tread left

-Probably more I'm forgetting, great truck, gets looks and compliments everywhere, hard to find manual so no auto trans issues common in these like my last one I had.

★asking 15k obo.... at the moment there is a couple things I haven't gotten to that I will drop the price for if you buy before I get to it, just haven't had the time. Has a crack in the windshield, don't bother me but its there.needs a bed liner.prior to the lift it had air bags in the rear, they are still there but need a bracket set from les Schwab to work with the lift, they are only $90 and I think they already ordered them but they haven't called me."

01212_5EcPc816WYV_600x450_zps79eade00.jpg

00Y0Y_3f5p5Y64o86_600x450_zps0552a5c1.jpg

00000_b8AL6kAREKH_600x450_zpsbf46dc0f.jpg

00303_1N9z5TdtkqS_600x450_zpsd0615a85.jpg

00909_lbLMoXftJgN_600x450_zps444442a4.jpg

Last edited:

Zaairman

Reaction score
20 MPG my ass... I'd put money on it was tuned at some point. People don't put airbags on for no reason at all.. that thing has done some heavy towing in its life.

old96stroker

Reaction score
From the pictures it looks like a nice truck, but damn for 15k I think you can get something a lot newer, unless you are just in love with the 7.3. I wonder how long ago the rhino lining was done on the rockers and what it might be covering up.

Austen

Reaction score
Going to be driving it tomorrow.

Seller stated to me that he will take $13.5K as is.

Been looking at 6.4's, however, am leery about the cracked piston issue and costly repair bills should something go wrong. The tried and proven 7.3 provides more of a "safe" feeling to me I guess in terms of reliability/longevity and general repairs when they arise.

I have seen photos before of the truck without the Rinoliner on.

Also been looking for a ZF6 CCSB specifically.

Arisley

Reaction score
20 MPG my ass... I'd put money on it was tuned at some point. People don't put airbags on for no reason at all.. that thing has done some heavy towing in its life.

:whs:

It is an early 99. Not an issue, but there are considerable differeances between an early and late 99.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Nice truck, but seems a little pricey for the miles on it. If I were shopping I would try to find something BONE stock, that way you know it hasn't been abused. There's plenty of things that can be worn out after these have been modified, lifed, had bigger tires put on.... and so on. The 7.3's seem to be just about indestructible in stock fashion though.

njjeep

Reaction score
I would say the fender flares and rhino lining has taken a lot of value away from that truck IMO .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason

Reaction score
I wouldn't say the airbags mean it's towed heavy. When I had the 6" lift on my old crewcab, the back end would drop pretty drastically with my car trailer hooked to it. Put a vehicle inside, and it was very noticable. The bags allowed me to keep it level and help smooth the ride out. Hell, my pressure washer, with the 525 gallon tank loaded with water, and the skid unit itself weighing 1100 lbs, was enough the drop the back end some. The water tank was centered over the trailer axles, and the skid was mounted on the nose. So it didn't take much to make it squat..now...i'm not talking round bale in the bed of a half ton squat..but enough that it made a 3/4 ton pickup looj kind of sad.

seeyalater5.9

Reaction score
I wouldn't say the airbags mean it's towed heavy. When I had the 6" lift on my old crewcab, the back end would drop pretty drastically with my car trailer hooked to it. Put a vehicle inside, and it was very noticable. The bags allowed me to keep it level and help smooth the ride out. Hell, my pressure washer, with the 525 gallon tank loaded with water, and the skid unit itself weighing 1100 lbs, was enough the drop the back end some. The water tank was centered over the trailer axles, and the skid was mounted on the nose. So it didn't take much to make it squat..now...i'm not talking round bale in the bed of a half ton squat..but enough that it made a 3/4 ton pickup looj kind of sad.

Lol I still remember the night we got drunk and you started pressure washing the parking lot of my apartment complex :rockon:

OP...personally I would not buy that truck, there could be a plethora of problems with it as it's clearly been molested by the previous owner(s)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.