Throwing code P0671 randomly today

deiter5262

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0 is throwing this code on me. Truck has recently had EGR ****** done on it otherwise it is bone stock. On my research online this looks like a glow plug control module. Is this correct, will this fix the problem. Or do I have bigger issues and need glow plugs

Truck starts fine, no delays in anyway.

Any ideas before I start throwing parts at it?

Thank you,

TJ

ghohouston

Reaction score
You can unplug both sides of the harness and ohm it out to the glowplugs. That will tell you if the problem lies in the harness/gp's, or the gpcm. It's usually the gpcm.

deiter5262

Reaction score
That is what I have been reading, mostly related to GPCM. The truck is new to me as of two months ago. However-previous owner states it starts fine all winter long in the dead of sub below temperatures. I find it hard to believe it glow plugs, I have no issues starting the truck at all. Any ideas where to get the cheapest GPCM?

deiter5262

Reaction score
True, I've got a glow plug module ordered so we'll see if that's the fix or not. I've cleared the code but it keeps popping every time I turn the key on. Hope this is the fix

sootie

Reaction score
why not do the troubleshooting suggested instead of throwing parts at it?

deiter5262

Reaction score
Well, turns out it is not the GPCM. I'm going to return that part and now my SCT scanner is showing it to be glow plug cylinder 1. So now it sounds like I might need 1 or many glow plugs. Need to get my hands on a OHM reader like you told me from the get go.

sootie

Reaction score
Well, turns out it is not the GPCM. I'm going to return that part and now my SCT scanner is showing it to be glow plug cylinder 1. So now it sounds like I might need 1 or many glow plugs. Need to get my hands on a OHM reader like you told me from the get go.

cough cough...

Latest posts

Members online