ticking and maybe turbo blow by?

TexasYankee86

Reaction score
hey y'all, i dont know **** about these trucks and earlier i was accelerating from a stop decided to get into it a little, not to the floor into it but def a quicker than normal acceleration. i was on street mode on my h&s i heard no sudden blow or loss of power but the truck started to make a loud ticking type sound and what sounded like a boot from the turbo was blown cause while the ticking was constant afterwards the, ill call it blow by, was only when the turbo went to spooling under acceleration. now i popped the hood and i didnt see anything blown to pieces or **** not connected. no codes, no dinging alrams, no warning lights, nothing. truck still runs normal just makes sounds. and no recent oil change this is a new tick. so, ideas? ready go.... :confused:

TexasYankee86

Reaction score
ok so 3 plates for an egr delete correct, yes. ok so the lare plate on the manifold has a smaller plate above it to the right. well that plate on my truck has an egt sensor hole in it. my egr sensor was either not tightened when installed or worked itself loose in a week and came out. either way its back in and trucks fine thank god

TexasYankee86

Reaction score
thanks for chiming in mopage. ah hey i just rolled thru OKC twice on 35 to iowa and back tuesday and wednesday. put about 3,000 miles on my truck this week, thank goodness this sensor didnt come off on the road!

Latest posts

Members online