Time for a new block in the excursion, build on!

94forddiesel

Reaction score
Well the old spool bus has 235000 on er and lived life making 505+Hp and 1048 ft lbs for 36000 miles on a stock pmr engine. Headin to work the other day it decided it needed a couple windows in the block! So got a forged rod engine for it. Just got it all taken apart heading to the machine shop Monday or Tuesday. Getting bored .030 over fully balanced and crank polished. Head mag and decked and some head work. Delipped pistons and all the goodies that come with it. Due to budget not being to big since after doing a big build on the 6.4 and it bending rods, the 7.3 is gonna keep the 38r and 250/100s that are in it now. Def need more air she's smokey. Def gonna go with head studs this time though so if anyone has a used set let me know please!!

94forddiesel

Reaction score
image.jpg

TARM

Reaction score
Can you afford to fill the block? Now maybe the main builders will know better but I would think anything that can increase rigidity and prevent torque flex the better. Certainly a lower cost option to add given your budget and since you are getting all the work done on the block and heads maybe it will be a good fit for all that?

ghohouston

Reaction score
with the kind of money youre putting into this motor, whats another couple of grand. if youre gonna do all that, its just silly to not throw in a set of billet rods. id honestly be doing them before head work.

94forddiesel

Reaction score
with the kind of money youre putting into this motor, whats another couple of grand. if youre gonna do all that, its just silly to not throw in a set of billet rods. id honestly be doing them before head work.

I agree with you. I just honestly don't have the money and my buddy has a machine shop so the head work isn't really costing me anything I'm
Just helping him with some stuff.

PSDEng

Reaction score
Can you afford to fill the block? Now maybe the main builders will know better but I would think anything that can increase rigidity and prevent torque flex the better. Certainly a lower cost option to add given your budget and since you are getting all the work done on the block and heads maybe it will be a good fit for all that?

I still know of builders that are partially filling blocks on street driven trucks.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Those already have the bowl lips radiused? Can't tell from the pics...kinda looks like it.

Does your budget have any room for Swain Tech for coatings?

94forddiesel

Reaction score
Those already have the bowl lips radiused? Can't tell from the pics...kinda looks like it.

Does your budget have any room for Swain Tech for coatings?

Yeah the bowls are machined. Thought about coating them but just didn't. This is just gonna stay a 500 horse engine and when I build my other truck down the road it will get everything just need this one back for when the baby gets here!

Latest posts

Members online