Time for brakes and rotors

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Time to put the first set of pads ppb the truck. Whatever is on here now sucks as far as stopping. Figure I may as well do rotors since they're grooved to hell. What's everyone running?

CurtisF

Reaction score
I run Ford severe duty stuff.

Make sure you do a complete overhaul of the caliper slide pins. Otherwise you'll run into problems almost right away.

I tried a set of Hawk pads and slotted rotors, but ate through the pads in half the time as the OEM stuff. They did a great job of stopping the truck and trailer, but just didn't last.

mandkole

Reaction score
is there a part number for the severe duty rotor? I'll need to change the warped powerslots if I cant turn them.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Those sound pricey lol. I'll look them up. Couple weeks ago I had the peddle just drop to the floor when I went to hit the brakes. Hit it again and it had pressure again. Master cylinder? I've put two in this thing trying to get the brakes stronger

n54power

Reaction score
Slotted and dimpled cryo rotors
Hawk pads
Crown braided lines(installed today)

Perfect setup. Tows well and DD is great.

n54power

Reaction score
Summit and rotorpros.
The summit brand rotors are powerslot. Depending on the pricing when you buy you'll save enough to send a set in for croyo.

Carolina444

Reaction score
I went with Napa ultra premium rotors and pads.. They are holding up and stop a lot better than the stuff I took off

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have Bosch quietcast rotors on the rear of my truck. Napa on the front. Not sure which napa line but the bracket and caliper have nice black textured paint on them. The napa rotors are rusty but they are doing quite well. The quietcast rears look brand new still but the cakipers I got with them suck. Not sure where I got the stuff. I wouldn't be one bit afraid of running the cadmium coated bosch rotors on all four corners.

njjeep

Reaction score
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271838749024

Callahan Calipers^

d4f5d7854e52d238ec324127554fd488.jpg

They got to be good lol 😂. Tommy Boy's brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think calipers are the wildcard. Even if you suspect rotor "warp" (I believe impossible), or lateral runout from differential cooling you need to put investigative eye on the calipers. As suspected once the stockers are removed because they wont function correctly, it becomes an issue of do the brakes last less time or are they wearing out because yhe calipers dont travel correctly. Ive burned ine corner up a few times already. Its aggr-damn-vating..

TyCorr

Reaction score
I got 250k out of my rears. But they went tits up because I stopped using it at that point and it sat...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.