Tinting Tail Lights

Rob D

Reaction score
Back in the day I picked up some testors window tint from the hobby shop - did a couple layers combined with wet sanding in between and clear cover. They came out mint - but didn't stay on the truck long enough to stand the test of time...

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
I've used VHT Niteshades for a bunch of tail light projects, take your time and do it right, and it will turn out like it should. And it doesn't fade away after a year like someone said above, it doesn't fade at all. My last set that I did on mine looks the same as it did 2 years ago when I did it. And the GMC I had prior to that, it was on there for 6 years and still goin strong.

I have nothing bad to say about it as it has worked out great for me.

I have seen a few shotty jobs done with it, but that's usually people who don't take the time to clean and prep them properly.

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
Heres a couple pics of mine done with vht nite shades
20140310_175048_zpstqmyoek2.jpg

20140310_175038_zpskfmeqap4.jpg

dieseldbiscuit

Reaction score
I used VHT night shades on my tailights and cab lights..the tailights lasted around 2 yrs w/o any signs of fading from what I could tell..however you have to do it correctly..clean em' up w/ soap/water. Lightly scrub w/ 2000 grit sandpaper to get them nice and dull & dry em' off. put a light coat of paint thinner on them (well ventilated area)..wipe them down again before applying paint..wait about 15min between each coat & DEFINITELY do not put more than 2-3 if you d not want them dark.. I believe I followed up w/ 3 coats of clear coat before reinstalling them..maybe not the text book way but they have held up nice through snow,sleet & everything else so far..Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.