Tire and wheel help

csga227

Reaction score
I have a 3 in lift on my 6.4 and looking to put some new wheels and tires on. I'm looking at 35/12.5/20 mastercraft courser mxt tire on 20x12 wheels. Will there any issues with rubbing? Does anyone have any pics? Or any info?

Bryan55

Reaction score
I'm not sure how your 08 sits but I just put some 35" x 12.50 20 toyo MT's with 20" -24 fuel mavericks on my 2016 with 2.5" leveling kits and stock in the back. They rubbed on the back part of the wheel well but that was just cutting that felt stuff with a razor blade. The more critical part was the bumper bracket in the front (see picture). I unbolted the bracket at the bottom and it seemed like there was no difference with the bumper being loose or anything being it was still attached by three other bolts and other brackets so I just cut the part off that was sticking inside the wheel well smoothed it down and painted it and no one can even tell I did anything.

Attachments

• IMG_3511.JPG
    IMG_3511.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3509.jpg
    IMG_3509.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3518.jpg
    IMG_3518.jpg
    754.4 KB · Views: 43

sootie

Reaction score
I'm not sure how your 08 sits but I just put some 35" x 12.50 20 toyo MT's with 20" -24 fuel mavericks on my 2016 with 2.5" leveling kits and stock in the back. They rubbed on the back part of the wheel well but that was just cutting that felt stuff with a razor blade. The more critical part was the bumper bracket in the front (see picture). I unbolted the bracket at the bottom and it seemed like there was no difference with the bumper being loose or anything being it was still attached by three other bolts and other brackets so I just cut the part off that was sticking inside the wheel well smoothed it down and painted it and no one can even tell I did anything.

the OP has a six four. no bumper brackets to worry about.

just pull the fender liner back with zip ties, you may have to trim the pinch weld tho.

Latest posts

Members online