Tires and wheels

taylonreimer1997

Reaction score
Just wandering if any of you guys have 6.4 lariat wheels on a 2002 year model f250 would like to see some pics of what they look like on that truck

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
Heres a couple that were posted in the tire/wheel tech thread... 2" spacers and 295 65 20s

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

Big Bad 6.4

Reaction score
295/65R20 seems a little big on that year of truck unless the 2" spacers are a leveling kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TARM

Reaction score
Personally I can not stand a empty wheel well look. Do not like the lifts that put the tires below it and do not like the look unless they are filled. Also do not like the tires sticking way past the wells unless there are flares. In fact that is my pref is BB or Iceland flares and then the largest tire you can fit without rubbing. With the cut outs you can put a 38 in almost stock height. You can do the same bu trimming and refolding the well lip for a almost stock look. I had a friend do that on his and ran 38s with a 3" lift and most could not tell it had taken the back and front lip and trimmed the bumper a bit. Anyways thats MO. As the bodys curve back in as they go down to the frame it gives them this narrow footprint look and I like it to look wider.

Jomax

Reaction score
Personally I can not stand a empty wheel well look. Do not like the lifts that put the tires below it and do not like the look unless they are filled. Also do not like the tires sticking way past the wells unless there are flares. In fact that is my pref is BB or Iceland flares and then the largest tire you can fit without rubbing. With the cut outs you can put a 38 in almost stock height. You can do the same bu trimming and refolding the well lip for a almost stock look. I had a friend do that on his and ran 38s with a 3" lift and most could not tell it had taken the back and front lip and trimmed the bumper a bit. Anyways thats MO. As the bodys curve back in as they go down to the frame it gives them this narrow footprint look and I like it to look wider.

I agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
^^^yes, Id rather lean to the side of stuffed vs. looking like it missed leg day. In person, it looks real good and love the factory wheels.

No spring leveling given the towing it does. Had to give the driver side front tub liner a little tug and put about 3/8" worth of shim on the front bumper bracket, but they clear no problem. 2" wheel spacers for the offset of the late model wheels.

IdahoF350

Reaction score
The later wheels need wheel spacers to get the tire away from the leaf and out into the wheel opening properly, and the bigger the tire, the more spacer you'll need up front. I'm axle swapped so I have to run '05-up offsets, basically the wheel will look about the same on any truck from '99-16 given similar ride height and tire size.

b779f459c92bb2c3364ccb39db22d746.jpg

If you look closely, you can see the rear wheels look "sucked in" on the '99 axle. I have an '05 axle I just haven't gotten around to installing yet, that widens the rear track width a couple inches. I'm also looking into 18x9s with 4.5BS instead of the 5.95BS to change it up a bit.

The late offsets on an early truck are a pain in the ass. Two other important things to know, the lugs may be a different thread pitch than the later truck (mine were), and the wheel center caps can be a challenge requiring you to play mix-n-match, and the early caps look stupid on the late wheels.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.