Tires rubbing on front fenders

Copracr

Reaction score
I'm running 305/70R18 duratracs on 18x10 MT rims. With all the outspacing I can only turn one revolution of the steering wheel either way and then the tires rub on the back side of the wheel well. If I keep turning they start rubbing the fender liner.
It looks like I could get a 1-2 inch lift and it would clear, but if I wanted to maintain my current ride height what could be done to get my clearance? Would it be a total bodywork cluster? I don't need much room, maybe an inch to be safe and only on the back side.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
So it's just hitting the inner fender or hitting the metal itself? If it's hitting metal maybe another inch or two of lift would deviate this problem. If it's just the inner fender you can drill a couple holes in the liner, run a zip tie through it, use another zip tie under the body where ever there is a good spot for you, and tie the inner liner back. I tied mine back on my 6.4, and the tires do not hit any more.

Copracr

Reaction score
So it's just hitting the inner fender or hitting the metal itself? If it's hitting metal maybe another inch or two of lift would deviate this problem. If it's just the inner fender you can drill a couple holes in the liner, run a zip tie through it, use another zip tie under the body where ever there is a good spot for you, and tie the inner liner back. I tied mine back on my 6.4, and the tires do not hit any more.

It just hits the metal and it hits the liner pretty good

How about wheel spacers?

Hoov3r is right, if I had rims more appropriately spaced for this truck I would probably be fine. It seems like most people hit the bumper first and I've read that they can just space the bumper out. I was hoping I could do something like that here. Cut out fender flares wont work cause they arent made for the excursion. I don't know if the fenders could be rolled like old school?

Copracr

Reaction score
either new wheels are a little more lift will fix the problem. Lift would be the cheaper route to take

I wasn't looking to lift it more cause the excursion is already so top heavy. But there may not be another way out without butchering the fender.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.