Tires

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Wanna run a 305/50r20 or 33 tire I don't know what tire to run though everyone tells me to run 420s but I kinda want a good all terrain tire that looks good. Feel like the 420s wouldn't be good if it's on anything but pavement. My buddy said when he was on the grass with them it was like ice. I'm not off reading but I live in Maryland and it snows and rains a lot. Also running them on 20x12. Another question will I rub with 20x12 -44 with 33's at stock hieght or lower? Thanks fellas

Lipka101

Reaction score
What year truck do you have? Depending on the year you sgould be able to run that setup at stock height.
I ran 420s on 20x12s for a while and I didn't like the look. Also with the way they stretch and the thin sidewall they got chewed up very easily. I actually ruined 2 tires with normal everyday driving. I haven't used them in the winter so I have no input there. They do just fine in the rain. I would run a nitto Terra grappler in that size, I've had good luck with them in the past. I have 420s on 20x10s now and they fit/look much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jban126_f350

Reaction score
What year truck do you have? Depending on the year you sgould be able to run that setup at stock height.
I ran 420s on 20x12s for a while and I didn't like the look. Also with the way they stretch and the thin sidewall they got chewed up very easily. I actually ruined 2 tires with normal everyday driving. I haven't used them in the winter so I have no input there. They do just fine in the rain. I would run a nitto Terra grappler in that size, I've had good luck with them in the past. I have 420s on 20x10s now and they fit/look much better.

2006. Yeah I have 20x10's now but I want 20x12. Have you heard or the new terra grappler g2? I ran a set of terra grapplers in my 7.3 and the didn't last a year

Lipka101

Reaction score
Yeah you shouldn't have a problem running x12s on an 06. Maybe tie the fender liner back. I have heard of the G2. My buddy has them but they are on a 1/2 ton. I had the old Terra grappler but they were on a chevy gasser and they were great. I don't buy new tires anymore, I just trade my wheels and tires off before I need new ones. Lol

Lipka101

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1459267160613.jpg
I loved this setup I had besides the fact that the 20x12s have -44 offset.

psduser1

Reaction score
Can't tell you about clearance, but I'm running too at2 s on an excursion. Pretty low miles, but I've had them in light mud-couple inches- and they did fine.
I was very impressed in the snow and rain this year, excellent tire for that.
Of course they are louder than a regular street tire, but far from obnoxious. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again, at this point. 33x12.520 is the numeric size, I think 305/50/20? metric.

PSD-stroker

Reaction score
I've got 20x12s with 305/55/20 toyo at2 extremes, couldn't turn all the way with just a 2" level(plus the axle was rolled ahead and pull to one side, bugged the hell out of me) I put in a 3" lift in the front and had to pull the fender liners back, now it clears no problem. As for the tires they seam great so far, the only down side would be the spray from the 12 wides.

Latest posts

Members online