to 6,0 or not to 6.0

stoker91

Reaction score
new here and not sure if this right place to post this.anyways looked at 6.0 4 door black with tan bottom truck had 140,000 on it well i get the car fax the egr valve has been replaces 3 times what does this mean and is 140,000 to many and one more qustion the oil pump i think that was it was replaced at 93,000.like i said im new the 6.0 scene far as buying but ive been around diesel all my life,just looking for yall guys input and thanks for any help,

Reaction score
Egr valves are common, but if you plan on doin deletes don't worry about that. But as for the oil pump was it high pressure pump or low pressure? I'm goin to assume high pressure and that can be just a freak thing the 03 and 04 motors tend to have a little more issues with them than the later models. But still nothing to stop you from buying it. Biggest question is what's your plan for the truck?

stoker91

Reaction score
]kingranchstoker -thanks for the reply just thought it was weird the 3 egr valves were replaced and my plans for the truck are a 500hp dd.i mite do a lift and tires but i dont know yet.im looking to bulid a rocket ship.just a fun truck,

Last edited:

CCRICE

Reaction score
If your going to be beefing it up I'm assuming the egr valve and cooler are coming out anyways. They crap the bed all the time. But like king ranch said which oil pump and what year is the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
off topic... but just wanna say nice boat :rockon:
anyways i really wouldnt worry about that pump to much freak things do happen with these motors, but all in all as long as it meets your price and fits the bill for what you need it for id say go with it :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.