To get a new one or not

straggleweed

Reaction score
How does everyone like their 6.7s so far? I was really wanting one and i went to drive it today and I found out that it just made me like my 2010 even more. It was a 2014 Platinum but it just didn't intrigue me to want to buy the thing, the price was right but I just didn't think it was worth turning over my 6.4.

Has anyone regretted making the switch? I know I will have to one day but maybe they will make some more changes in 2015.

Do the tuners make them that much better like they do in the 6.4's? My biggest gripe was how sloppy the transmission felt in the 6.7 after I've been driving on Gearhead tune for so long now in my 2010.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
power wise a 6.4 wins hands down. Everything else the 6.7 prevails. Atleast thats what I have gathered from reading the 20 or so threads comparing the 6.4 to the 6.7 :poke:LOL LOL The 6.7 aftermarket is making good progess, but its still not very competitive to the 6.4 at the current time

Last edited:

Jgon08

Reaction score
I havnt really heard much bad about the 6.7, But if your looking for power stick with the 6.4 with out a doubt.

claws314

Reaction score
I'd say if you weren't won over by it then just sit back, be patient and see what the aftermarket does for the 6.7 but I do like mine and I've had 2 6.4s.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd say if you weren't won over by it then just sit back, be patient and see what the aftermarket does for the 6.7 but I do like mine and I've had 2 6.4s.

agreed. i know single turbo 6.7's are 550-600 and light quick, on 63mm turbo's. i bought mine for the interior upgrades, definitely not the power. the interior KILLS the 2008-2010's. IMO they are a dog even tuned. yeah they make 475 or so, but its not anything to get excited over. you can turn the boost up and make 500+ but the life of the turbo is in danger.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
bought mine for the warranty so IF something ***s up i dont have to wrench on it for a while.... but its kinda a turd when hooked to my fiver....

live life full throttle

uga33

Reaction score
bought mine for the warranty so IF something ***s up i dont have to wrench on it for a while.... but its kinda a turd when hooked to my fiver....

live life full throttle

I just hooked mine up yesterday to its first large load and was completely impressed. This coming from a tuned 6.4 and I feel like my 6.7 got the weight moving and kept it moving much easier than my 6.4.

01PSD

Reaction score

live life full throttle

Never heard someone say they're a turd with a trailer behind them :shrug: LOL

Snow White

Reaction score
I think if you spend the money on the 6.7 your not going too admit if your not satisfied lol I drove erics 6.7 tunned and delete and was veryy disappointed in the power but with that said I loved the smooth ride , interior, dual climate control etc. So I really think it depends on what your looking for out of your truck ? Speed or luxury ? I'll be keeping my 6.4 for awhile

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I just hooked mine up yesterday to its first large load and was completely impressed. This coming from a tuned 6.4 and I feel like my 6.7 got the weight moving and kept it moving much easier than my 6.4.

not gonna argue that it gets it moving good... but from 60mph + and stomp on it, it just takes its sweet ass time moving..

Never heard someone say they're a turd with a trailer behind them :shrug: LOL

to me it is... most people will be impressed with it... but my dually will wax its ass mid and top range... but thats what im used to and thats NOT why i bought it... i bought it so i didnt have to work on it in the campground or at the hotel when on the road working....

i dont care for the seats yet but ive been told to give it about 20k miles and it will form to your ass... everything else is different to me and im still getting used to all the fancy stuff...

live life full throttle

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
they don't run like a tuned 6.4 obv, but I was impressed driving my buddy's tuned 6.7 around town. much better throttle response, and I feel like I would like the 6sp more for towing

RedRice589

Reaction score
I feel if you watch the speedo you'll be upraised mine moves it nicely. My 5th wheel is 16,400 fully loaded and it accelerates at 75 just fine like my 6.4 with 4.10's a hell of a lot smoother.

straggleweed

Reaction score
I made the switch tonight... I didnt feel the platinum was worth the extra cost. I ended up with a blue jean color lariat with the tan interior. Its very nice I just need to figure it all out now. Now its time to start all over and make this one mine like my 6.4 was!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I made the switch tonight... I didnt feel the platinum was worth the extra cost. I ended up with a blue jean color lariat with the tan interior. Its very nice I just need to figure it all out now. Now its time to start all over and make this one mine like my 6.4 was!

i agree, my lariat was same price as platinum, but i liked the lariat better. congrats.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
im gonna wait for the 15. seems they are making some changes so im curious to see what happens. but ill be making the switch as soon as theyre released. ill prolly buy another 6.4 end of next year. single slab this time tho :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online