To run comp 910's or not......

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Well I'm getting ready to put finally put my injectors in and studs,springs and push rods. I have the 910's and shims already but now im having second thoughts. I'm thinking I should get something with more seat pressure for my set up. What is every body's opinion on using 910's at the 600hp mark?

TARM

Reaction score
They will be fine. Its when you start running compounds or really high boost drive pressure etc I think where you need to worry more. I am running them am not concerned. If I was running compounds I would be running something in the 150 range.

Just measure each one and install all to the same height. You will likley find the variance is between intake and exhaust. Shim them to 1.75-1.76 and it will be gtg. Remember the micrometer has to go on without the seal but you need to include the seal shim height which is .045 in when working out the amount. So it would be the height you measure minus .045 and the difference from 1.75 is what shim size you need. Make sure to fully compress the spring once or twice before you put them on and do the measuring so they are sure to have taken the initial set.

Honestly IMO you do not want a spring with a bunch of extra compression room to it from where you have it set. Having a moderate cushion tolerance from binding I think is best. The 910 fit this well @ this heights.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
They worked fine in my personal truck. But for customers rigs, where I would rather not have an issue, we use Comp Bee-hives. everything sitting on top of the head (valve stem seal, retainers, and the retainer clips) are all replaced as well!

you shouldn't have a problem with 910s, but there is better than can be had and installed very easily

TARM

Reaction score
I agree but when you bring price into it there is a HUGE diff. Not saying its not worth it just that there is a price jump. The bee hives is a better design no doubt though. Under $100 vs over $500 I know if I go to compounds I will switch for sure. I will learn vicariously from 907Dave for that one. :thumbsup:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I agree but when you bring price into it there is a HUGE diff. Not saying its not worth it just that there is a price jump. The bee hives is a better design no doubt though. Under $100 vs over $500 I know if I go to compounds I will switch for sure. I will learn vicariously from 907Dave for that one. :thumbsup:

You aren't looking at over $500 for the bee-hives, though I agree it is a very good price jump which some can't afford

New stem seals, new retainers, new spring clips, new bee-hive springs.... All for less than $500, we can get you them for around $450 in fact.

Milford

Reaction score
I know im going with jakes at a minimum. 160 seat pressure. If i decide on twins i may go with even more but the depends on the setup i go with like injectors and estimated boost numbers.

Latest posts

Members online