Tons of turbo bark and surge

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The change from a 4" to a 5" intake tube has a slower velocity by 55%

In other words the air is moving 55% slower through the bigger tube. This adjustment should be made via mass air flow in tuning.

Many equations to calculate that number..... I just can't get anyone to believe physics for tuners.... they just guess alot!

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
MY 2014 does this as well every time i cut it off and when i let off after a hard acceleration . im running ******** tunes with no limit stage 2 intake. I thought it was normal. Should i get my tunes tweaked? Thanks guys.:wtf:

nope, thats totally normal.

The change from a 4" to a 5" intake tube has a slower velocity by 55%

In other words the air is moving 55% slower through the bigger tube. This adjustment should be made via mass air flow in tuning.

Many equations to calculate that number..... I just can't get anyone to believe physics for tuners.... they just guess alot!

except for the fact the tunes are adjusted for mass air flow. but you should call all the tuners up and tell them how it works with physics and such.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
nope, thats totally normal.

except for the fact the tunes are adjusted for mass air flow. but you should call all the tuners up and tell them how it works with physics and such.

Obviously not correctly tuned, or people wouldn't have issues with air filter swaps. Not a bash against ALL the tuners...

What's wrong with doing a math equation to understand exactly how much to adjust the resistance reading for the MAF? Your filter you provide as a equation derivative for what little restriction it has/increased diameter of the 5" tube that floats = xxxx.xx

I did this because I have your filter setup... I know it means nothing to you, and you wish I would vanish like the rest have....

I did discuss this with patriot(when they were spart-an), they were willing to listen. You can be hard headed when one is trying to refine using YOUR product, besides just killing the check engine light!

But hey....... it's your forum right...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Obviously not correctly tuned, or people wouldn't have issues with air filter swaps. Not a bash against ALL the tuners...

What's wrong with doing a math equation to understand exactly how much to adjust the resistance reading for the MAF? Your filter you provide as a equation derivative for what little restriction it has/increased diameter of the 5" tube that floats = xxxx.xx

I did this because I have your filter setup... I know it means nothing to you, and you wish I would vanish like the rest have....

I did discuss this with patriot(when they were spart-an), they were willing to listen. You can be hard headed when one is trying to refine using YOUR product, besides just killing the check engine light!

But hey....... it's your forum right...

is there anything you don't know the most about ? i'm surprised anyone would listen to you at this point. there are many tuners out there , you mentioned one, and they as well have built custom files for our intake. as has been said MANY MANY times, they work better than anything else out there when properly TUNED . we can't help it when someone installs one backwards and makes a thread about it , then realizes it and disappears. and yes , this is my forum. we'll just go back to killing codes and making the most power , and leave you and the other pro's to lead the charge in the diesel world .

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
is there anything you don't know the most about ? i'm surprised anyone would listen to you at this point. there are many tuners out there , you mentioned one, and they as well have built custom files for our intake. as has been said MANY MANY times, they work better than anything else out there when properly TUNED . we can't help it when someone installs one backwards and makes a thread about it , then realizes it and disappears. and yes , this is my forum. we'll just go back to killing codes and making the most power , and leave you and the other pro's to lead the charge in the diesel world .
Is what he said NOT true?

CATDiezel

Reaction score

Who said anything about me leading the diesel world?

It's too bad you don't allow collaborative conversations on here anymore..... you know technical ones with actual detail... proofs in the site traffic.

Hey thanks for answering my PM. Appreciate it!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.