Torque Converter Question

doo dah

Reaction score
I am getting my transmission rebuilt through a local shop and they are using a Suncoast 750hp rebuild kit. I want some guidance on the converter; 1700, 1900, or 2300 stall? I am likely going dual HPFP at the same time so I'll be in the 600hp range with 63mm non vgt. I tow with my truck, drive rush hour traffic, make long highway trips, etc...basically DD. However with a new transmission that can hold up I'll likely take it to the track once in a while but doubt I'll ever hook to a sled because we never have them down here in San Antonio.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
call morgan at midwest, whether or not you use him for trans, he got it figured out
Yeah he's got nothing better to do than give out free advice. Make sure to call him for troubleshooting if the other shops trans takes a crap too lol.

The suncoast converter is uncharted territory for most of us that aren't building transmissions due to how new it is on the market, does the shop not have a reccomendation for you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
How much money are you honestly saving vs getting a trans from Midwest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
I appreciate that Midwest makes a great trans but this isn't about saving $ it is about supporting a local business that I trust and does great work. Being where I am having it shipped and installed by someone else makes things a bit more of a challenge and the shop I'm using is ordering the parts to handle 750hp and having a transmission shop assemble so if I have issues it will be under warranty regardless of where I am through a 5 star shop. It is all Suncoast internals and converter. I haven't talked to them about the stall speed yet, just wanted input from people on the board.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
My guess is 1900, but stall speed ratings are somewhat inconsistent between companies so it would take someone with experience to give you a concrete answer. Maybe try calling suncoast

doo dah

Reaction score
My guess is 1900, but stall speed ratings are somewhat inconsistent between companies so it would take someone with experience to give you a concrete answer. Maybe try calling suncoast

Thought about that but with the hurricane figured they wouldn't be in the shop any time soon. I'm guessing 1900 also but thought somebody on here would have experience with other stall speeds.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I have the first prototype suncoast quad lock converter in my truck I believe it's a 1700 stall but stalls more in the late 1800 range. So far it has taken the abuse of my set up which is built engine with a set of 60% ddp injectors and a sxe472 with my piping and intercooler kit. I have about 2000 miles towing on a 700hp tune with 10-11klb bumper pull camper.

doo dah

Reaction score
I have the first prototype suncoast quad lock converter in my truck I believe it's a 1700 stall but stalls more in the late 1800 range. So far it has taken the abuse of my set up which is built engine with a set of 60% ddp injectors and a sxe472 with my piping and intercooler kit. I have about 2000 miles towing on a 700hp tune with 10-11klb bumper pull camper.

Thanks!

getstroked27

Reaction score
We did the 2100 stall on a customers truck, runs awesome. S485 single and the rest of that stuff, and it holds all the power we have thrown at it thus far without an issue.

Latest posts

Members online