Torque Converter recommendations

VC-Racing

Reaction score
Since my TC took a dump Friday and contaminated my trans , I'm in the process of having my trans built locally. The guy I found seems to be very knowledgeable about building a strong trans and has recommended a Billet TC . My question is , are all billet TC's the same or close? Is one better than the other? What would be the difference ? Not to concerned about $$, just want to get a quality product for the $$...

Thanks,

Vic

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The stalion by precision is probably about the best TC you can buy. But if the rest of the transmission cant handle it you might mess up that new trans.

Its what Brian at BTS uses

VC-Racing

Reaction score
Yeah I knew BTS used PI stallion TC's. I was seriously thinking of buying a PI TC . Yet, I don't understand how that TC could harm the trans though. I know there is supposed to be some kind of modification to the pump ,. which I think is a heavier spring to increase the pressure of the fluid into / out of the converter. I'm not sure . I'm hoping I can get some clarification here.....

PStroked444

Reaction score
Look into the 6OH TC. Unless you plan on puting some big HP through it. Simple to throw in there. JMHO:D

Latest posts

Members online