torque converter

Racer X

Reaction score
Instead of throwing parts at it why not get it hooked to a good code reader and find out EXACTLY why your trans is acting up.

Rob, reads to me like the orignal poster already had it diagnosed.

Remember the truck you rode in that had one of our converters in it and you were impressed with the way the converter performed? That truck has our stock replacement converter in it - The Prowler XRTC. :)

Steve at Magic Smoke Performance. com has our Eagle X6TC Converter. He broke 3 other converters before getting our Eagle 65,000 miles and 2 1/2 years ago. He's somewhere over 500 hp, and tests Terminator's HPOP systems with the truck. Going back to California after a meet in Oregon, he saw CSIPSD Joe broke down along on the road. A Racer X Eagle converter towed Joe's truck with Suncoast's tranny..??? back to Joe's yard...:D

Go with a proven converter? I agree, but make sure your transmission is healthy before installing one. Stout converters are end users, what they need are a 100% healthy transmission, excellent fluid pressure for clutch life and excellent fluid circulation through the converter to cool properly and for torque multiplication to perform as designed. The Prowler is a better choice for transmissions with high mileage needing a converter only than an O.E.M. converter because it's fly apart proof. The luckest owner with an O.E.M. converter failure is one with a converter that fails when put in gear and won't move the truck.

Proven : The Eagle has survived shattered flex plates in Texas, broken input shafts in Pennsylvania, Oregon, Washington, Florida and Alaska, shattered drums in Maryland and New Jersey, broken steel planetary gear sets in Georgia, Nebraska and Montana.

Shattered Flex Plate. Photo courtesy of Eagle X6TC converter owner Anthony Plaisance, Houston Texas.

eagleconvertersurvivesbrokenflexplate.jpg

The Eagle tests good with performance, balance, run out and symmetrical integrity intact as new, after shattered flex plate hits it and breaks starter housing. Anthony's Racer X Eagle X6TC converter goes back to work after new flex plate and new starter are installed. :)

gle%20tests%20good%20after%20broken%20flex%20plate.jpg

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Rob, reads to me like the orignal poster already had it diagnosed.

All I got from his post was that he thinks he will have to do one.....

To me that isnt getting it diagnosed, thats just assuming something.

Racer X

Reaction score
someone told me togo with a 5r 110 tc torque converter is this a good idea?

LOL

Did anyone read the first post?

LOL

Yes, his question is quoted above. I answered it in post 18--"No".

Looks like he hasn't read his thread since the day he posted it......
Along with some non-sponsors in business themselves who are obviously promoting another start up selling more of the same stock size converters that knowledgeable members and Site Sponsors have already known for many years will get blown apart by trucks. LOL

If anyone hasn't seen "performance" stock size torque converters with add on billet covers and multi disc clutches get blown apart by trucks yet, they haven't had much high performance experience with torque converters or transmissions. We put a video up of one 4 or 5 years ago. Just move one and what was a torque converter makes the unmistakable sound of rattling shrapnel.

Stock and "cheap performance" converters flying apart are what caused the nick name "Exploding E4OD" many years ago. It definately is not cheap to fix the transmission damage a stock or cheap performance converter causes when it fails.

Latest posts

Members online