Torque Converters Opinions.

RyanG85

Reaction score
I've got a newly rebuilt trans and a BTS valve body on the way. I'm wanting to upgrade my torque converter as well. Of course Brian recommends the PI and has no opinions on any other alternatives. As much as I would love to have a PI, the $1200 is a hard pill to swallow. I tow around 8500 pounds in the summer months and don't see my HP ever exceeding the 400 mark. This is for the F350 in my sig.

Thanks!

RyanG85

Reaction score
Sorry, sig not working yet....

2001 F350 CCSB
Ford AIS with Zoodad mod
Dorman Bellowed Uppies
Autometer Factory Match
Terminator T500
Hutch and Harpooned
CCV Mod
PHP Hydra
BTS Valve Body(on order)

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I heard RacerX and suncoast have one for the 4R100 but I'm saving for a BTS/PI. I'm willing to pay the $$ to never have to mess w/ it again.
I hear too many good stories about improved lockup, better mileage and reduced trans temps w/ the BTS sourced components. They seem to work really well together.

BTW, how do you like the dorman bellowed up-pipes? PM if you'd like.

RyanG85

Reaction score
Brian said never worry about it again, if the trans goes, he would rebuild the converter free of charge. I'm tempted but with new baby at home, money is tight!

The Dorman up-pipes were great. I paid under $200 on amazon, seen them as low as $168 since.. Easy install with no fitment issues.

range91

Reaction score
I can get u one with 5r guts billet cover. We use these on our 3/75 builds and ran one behind a truck laying down 500 at the wheels never had any issues after 5 yrs pm me if u are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is running a racer x converter and it locks and works perfectly. Would recommend that if your not willing to spend the money on a PI

alradco

Reaction score
I had my trans guy put in a billet converter when he built my tranny, was about $800-$900 I think. Two years without issue so far but I would go with whatever your trans guys recommending. It's a few hundred more but it's a combo he's proven and will back up.

Peter

powerlifter405

Reaction score
. I'm tempted but with new baby at home, money is tight!

I know what you mean. No new kiddos but money is tight at the moment. & Congrats!

The Dorman up-pipes were great. I paid under $200 on amazon, seen them as low as $168 since.. Easy install with no fitment issues.

Thanks, looking for options for when mine inevitably leak. Almost 218k and so far so good.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I heard RacerX and suncoast have one for the 4R100 but I'm saving for a BTS/PI. I'm willing to pay the $$ to never have to mess w/ it again.
I hear too many good stories about improved lockup, better mileage and reduced trans temps w/ the BTS sourced components. They seem to work really well together.

BTW, how do you like the dorman bellowed up-pipes? PM if you'd like.

If you're keeping the truck, bts hands down. Nothing says you're never going to break it though. You just won't have to pay for repair. Brian was nice enough to rebuild mine for free after blowing a trans cooler line on the freeway, running it out of fluid and selling it to a buddy. Amazing customer service for sure.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Yeah Brian is making my transmission right after I blew the pump up in it. He is also sending me a new converter because of some heat scaring on my old one. Free of charge

powerlifter405

Reaction score
If you're keeping the truck, bts hands down. Nothing says you're never going to break it though. You just won't have to pay for repair. Brian was nice enough to rebuild mine for free after blowing a trans cooler line on the freeway, running it out of fluid and selling it to a buddy. Amazing customer service for sure.

after you and I had that conversation plus all the other good here that I read, it only has convinced me further to save the $$ and get the BTS.

Montgomery P-Stroke

Reaction score
Just curious....if someone buys a BTS and something happens 3-5 years down the road will he let a local tranny shop do the repair with his supplied parts (for a somewhat minor repair) or does the whole thing have to be shipped to him? I'm almost 1k miles away from him so down time would kill me if I had to ship the whole tranny back to him. Don't care if I got to pay a local shop for their labor if it cuts the time in half. Time is money so I can't be out of a ride for more than a few days.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.