torque converters

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
man i'm really partial to DPC, great converter, ive never had a problem at 800 horse in a lifted truck , great warranty, and great people to support. on that note i dont see the RCD as a bad choice either. i think those are the 2 in my book at this moment. if you want or are interested in more info on a dpc, feel free to pm me and i'll be of as much help as possible. for the RCD unit contact jared@rcd on here.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Love my DPC. Never had a problem with it at 1000hp. Hated my old sun coast. Never ran an RCD converter, but I've never heard a bad thing about them. Like mike said, those are your two best options. Btw, both have pretty paint lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yall talking about a 6R140 or 5R110??.. :poke: LOL

$hit i thought it was 6.4 lol .. never talk much about them in 6.7 because they arent needed ..YET ! but coming VERY soon from DPC .

OP disregard my first post.

highdrum

Reaction score
ATS has a heavy duty converter as well as a built transmission available right now. They're currently testing a 5 Star converter for the 6R140 at the moment, will be available in October. Also in development is a dual fueler kit as well as a few different single turbo kits.

01PSD

Reaction score
ATS has a heavy duty converter as well as a built transmission available right now. They're currently testing a 5 Star converter for the 6R140 at the moment, will be available in October. Also in development is a dual fueler kit as well as a few different single turbo kits.

Is every converter they make a 5 star? LOL

Dan

Reaction score
I don't want to hijack this thread but I am also very interested in TC for the 6r,

Can you guys let me know details regarding the dpc converters?

Stall speeds? Id be looking for a 2500 stall speed is that something that can be ajusted as well on these converters when they come available?

highdrum

Reaction score
Is every converter they make a 5 star? LOL

No, currently they're offering a HD converter(800$) and they're R&D'ing a 5 Star in Clint's truck(ATS Owner) His truck is pretty much the test mule for all their parts. Lucky man, every time a new diesel truck comes out, he gets to throw it through the ATS gauntlet and let it be his new daily driver, what a life........

Reaction score
you're saying the ATS will be worth the wait?

Pshhh. Shut your mouth. I said to wait for something else. Ats is out now. We along with other companies will have offerings coming soon that will be worth waiting for. Instead of jumping into an Ats pile.

I've seen ATS ford stuff. I think I'll pass.

Yep

TyCorr

Reaction score
ATS can go.***k themselves in the azz with a rhino cack...i wouldnt put their warmed over stock junk in a craftsman riding mower no matter how much purple paint they threw at it.

Anybody who offers 9 levels of build is a joke...dealt with that bs on two.duramaxes and a dodge. Garbage. Sorry for the spirited reply but their 600hp allison wouldnt hold a stock.dmax with edge tuning on it. :rollseyes:

Latest posts

Members online