torque converters

Amyers

Reaction score
Everyone is saying the stock one is holding I slipped my overdrive clutches. It's in the shop now getting raybestos clutches.

Amyers

Reaction score
Supposed to be the best. And my torque converter is fine, my overdrive clutches where it shifts from 4th to 5th were toasted.

Amyers

Reaction score
And about the torque converters no one besides ats has one and I called everyone. The ats are basically a stock converter with purple paint. The factory converter pretty strong i was just going to put a aftermarket so i would never have to go back in mine.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
And about the torque converters no one besides ats has one and I called everyone. The ats are basically a stock converter with purple paint. The factory converter pretty strong i was just going to put a aftermarket so i would never have to go back in mine.
The stock converters are strong. From my experiences thought I found once the tc started to slip it went down hill with the rest of the transmission.

The tc is pretty much a hydraulic pump, when you pressure starts to drop than it affects the holding pressure of the clutches.

I would rather have a mod tc infront of a stock transmission than a stock tc infront mod transmission.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Amyers

Reaction score
The shop thats doing the work cut my converter open and checked it out and put new bearings in it. They said it looked good, if it was bad I was just going to buy a brand new factory one.

Latest posts

Members online