Torque Pro vs. Edge

strokin20

Reaction score
Hey I've seen where people are having issues with their edge cs or cts reading stuff on their 2016 trucks. Well I have an nGauge right now and as anybody else that has one knows, they're lacking in the monitoring department. I've had the torque app for a while but never messed with it till yesterday. Anyways, I think it shows some pretty cool stuff. I'll just leave a couple pictures of my setup.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1455640494384.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1455640494384.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 200
  • uploadfromtaptalk1455640510690.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1455640510690.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 180

strokin20

Reaction score
And yes that is egt from blocker plate and low pressure fuel system pressure.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Is the torque app anywhere near as accurate as the edge system? I only ask because I don't know much about it & it would seem that I'd rather save money and dash space with a device that'll serve more than one purpose (like maybe a small tablet instead that offers me the ability to do more than just monitor the truck). And as far as the EGT goes did you have to buy an aftermarket pyro sensor from like SCT or H&S to get it to read?

Last edited:

strokin20

Reaction score
As far as accuracy goes compared to the edge system, I can't comment because I don't have my cts anymore. I just pulled one of the EGT sensors out of my stock exhaust and installed in the e g r block off plate. I will say I have come across one strange issue since using it though. I have an OBD Link MX Bluetooth adapter, and if I have gone somewhere, say to the gym, and shut the truck off, afterwards when I get ready to go, I guess the torque app gets lost and isn't connected. When this happens, the OBD adapter is trying to connect, but for some reason can't, and with the truck in gear, foot on the brake not moving, it will make the transmission shift 1-2, 2-5, 5-3 and finally back to one. I noticed this and saw it wasn't connected to the torque app, so I just unplugged the adapter and plugged it back in and everything was back to normal. So, now when I park somewhere I just unplug the adapter and when I get the truck started again, plug'er back in and go without issue. What's strange is a guy on ford truck enthusiasts had the exact same issue yesterday and he uses the same Bluetooth adapter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TexAg56

Reaction score
Hey man sorry if this is a dumb question but my question is with the stock egt probe. Right now i am using a stock probe in my blockoff plate literally to just plug the hole. The little probe has only like a foot long pigtail and right now is not plugged into anything. Where do you plug the pigtail in to use the torque app? Hope that makes sense??

CoreyMS

Reaction score
There is an equation to make the egt work in the block off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

strokin20

Reaction score
Hey man sorry if this is a dumb question but my question is with the stock egt probe. Right now i am using a stock probe in my blockoff plate literally to just plug the hole. The little probe has only like a foot long pigtail and right now is not plugged into anything. Where do you plug the pigtail in to use the torque app? Hope that makes sense??

Yea I know what you're saying. Let me do some looking real quick and I'll get you a photo of where it plugs in.

syrupdawg

Reaction score
Will the torque pro app read engine oil pressure? Just got my CTS2 and it's nice but I want it to read supply side fuel pressure and oil pressure.

cfiles

Reaction score
CoreyMS I sent you a pm but Do you happen to know the equation? Do you use an egr pid to read the temps?

Last edited:

strokin20

Reaction score
CoreyMS I sent you a pm but Do you happen to know the equation? Do you use an egr pid to read the temps?

Here ya go bud, this is the info I used.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1457653738519.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1457653738519.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 101

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
hahaha dude I would be too! not bad for just the cost of the bluetooth adapter, the app on an android device and a basic EGR ****** kit with a tapped block off plate with threads for a Ford sensor. saves a lot if all you're looking to do is tow mainly compared to buying a complete monitoring system like the Edge and it's pyro or a programmer plus it's proprietary pyro

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Welcome. I was like a kid with a new toy when I found it lol.

Hey man sorry for the millions of questions but I have downloaded the torque pro app to my android tablet. I also went to the Dropbox link as shown here in post 35 of this forum http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1322804-torque-pro-ford-6-7l-extended-pids-3.html

I actually downloaded the 6.7L PID's .apk file from the Dropbox link like the directions state, then opened the torque pro app and went to the "plugins" option on the home screen yet there's no Ford 6.7 PID's available to select under that menu. Got any ideas? I was wondering if I had to copy or paste the file into the app potentially but it won't let me do that either. Would it be a file sharing setting I have to enable on my tablet potentially? Sorry for the confusion

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Never mind it was a file sharing/enabling issue that was preset on my tablet that would not trust files from unknown sources, my apologies!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.